• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF page and reading says Warning, empty page.

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​ I bring up a PDF page and reading says Warning, empty page.  What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Hi Crazycatz,

Could you please confirm, how have you been trying to open the PDF file? Is it using the Adobe Reader DC desktop application or on the web?

Or if you are using the "Read Out Loud" feature and it says the page is blank, I assume that the pdf file that you are working on is a scanned document or contain the image only which doesn't contain the real characters?

Adobe Reader doesn't support OCR, so if its scanned or image document it wont run the OCR and will detect the document as blank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Crazycatz,

Could you please confirm, how have you been trying to open the PDF file? Is it using the Adobe Reader DC desktop application or on the web?

Or if you are using the "Read Out Loud" feature and it says the page is blank, I assume that the pdf file that you are working on is a scanned document or contain the image only which doesn't contain the real characters?

Adobe Reader doesn't support OCR, so if its scanned or image document it wont run the OCR and will detect the document as blank page.

You have to use the Adobe Acrobat DC for such files.

Problems with read aloud - says blank (Acrobat Reader)

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you for your response. I scanned a typed page using the scan feature on a copier at work. From your response it sounds like it reads it as an OCR image which adobe reader doesn’t support. I’m using Adobe reader D C which I downloaded free and the read out load feature in the software. I learned something new today from your response. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Glad to hear that it was helpful for you. And yes you got it correctly, if its a scanned document and you are accessing it in Reader then the read out loud wont work.

Let us know if any further assistance is required.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akki_24,

I have read earlier responses about these issue with read out loud. but i am yet to have a head way with it.

I am using Adobe acrobat reader DC 18.009.20050 on windows 10 and i lunch it as a desktop application, but i am still getting these same message "Warning, Empty Page" Kindly assist accordingly please.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Foobaj,

I apologize for the delay in response.

I assume the scenario is same in your case too. The files on which you have been getting "Empty Page" warnings must be the scanned once.

Have you checked any other document or any doc that you have created?

Can you share anyone of the document with us? We would test the same at our end as well.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Acrobat reader against my better judgement since it's been my experience that it is bloated, slow, and with many issues.  - Well, it has a prettier UI now, but it's still as 'wonky' as ever..
--
• FIRST:  the read aloud settings required serious configuration on system and the program itself..
THEN ->>>> The Read Aloud pauses between words and there's no fix or work around(Yes I used many PDF files to test). I reinstalled, adjusted settings, checked updates..etc.. nothing works.
• SECOND: "Warning Empty Page"  happens when the first page of a book/tech-book is scanned for its' cover bind.. yet the rest of the PDF is in selectable text. This is normal for Tech books to have images for the cover display... yet Read Aloud refuses to read the current page as it's too poorly programmed to realize I don't want it to readpages 1 or 0 or 2,3,4,5,6,7,8... etc but page 10..it defaults to page 1 no matter what.

WHY IS THIS SO POORLY MADE ?! 
..I have been googling for 1 hour now to fix both problems, ADOBE support has no idea how to fix this and google shows ALOT of people have these issues.
..I knew I would regret using Adobe Acrobat.

Please ADOBE, fix this.  Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, not OCR but an actual PDF document and it says 'Warning Empty Page" typical of an Adobe product, lots of well designed things and then a bunch of poorly designed features that everyone else who has the budget software has done well, what is up with that Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using LiveCycle Designer ES4 with Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows 10.

I'm developing dynamic PDFs and I was able to make my PDF being readable after print / flattening my PDF using Adobe PDF Converter. But, I'm trying to make it readable while filling the PDF. Using Adobe LiveCycle Designer, I modify the information within the Accessibility palette to have Screen Reader Precedence to the appropriate value. Also I have the Form Properties > Save Options > Generate Accessibility Information (Tags) for Acrobat checked "On". But the only objects that are being read by the Reader is signature fields... all other pages have this "Warning - Empty Page".

So I created a new blank file with few objects in it, with the accessibility settings as mentioned above... and still nothing working. Anyone have any insights about this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. The accessibility reader (NVDA) reads fine when the file is saved as a "static" pdf. However, once it is saved as a "dynamic" file, the error, "warning empty page" occurs for all pages except for those with signauture fields. Can anyone help with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The Read Aloud seems to be inconsistant.   Sometimes it works, and other times it says aloud "Warning Empty Page".  I am using it to read PDFs.   The pages are editable, and Adobe recognizes that they are text.  I am working on a PC running Windows 10 home.  My files are up to date.

It is working on some files but not on others.  Is there a way to trouble shoot this so that the Read Aloud will work all the time, or so that I can make the necessary adjustments in order to get it working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having a problem with a PDF file. that was not scanned, but a required book in PDF format.  I got the "Warning - empty page" error using Acrobat Pro 2017 on a Win10 machine and Acrobat Pro DC on a MacBook Pro.  On both machines, I ran the OCR function and Saved As.  I even editied the text (retyping a single word) on the Win 10 machine.  I also made sure the "Always use zoom" box was not selected, as one suggested online solution recommended.  No luck at all. I did find that the built-in text-to-speech funcion on the MacBook worked (manually selecting a range of text in the Preview app.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try printing the file to PDF using an Adobe PDF printer.  Then open that file and run the OCR.  Then it should be able to read it out loud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESOLVED: That was the easiest process to force it to read a document out load. The process consumed only 30 seconds for me to implement the out loud reading.

Thank you for suggesting the shortest path for implementing the out loud document reading feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and could not get the Read Out Loud function to work.  I had downloaded a pdf and received the Empty Page Warning.  I finally saved the document as Plain Text .txt and then created a pdf from that Plain Text document.  Then the Read Out Loud function worked.  However, the Plan Text format remained.  I printed the original document to make it easier to read along as the text was read.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat Pro, what I did was export to Microsoft Word, then print to PDF from Word. Upon opening, the accessibility dialog came up asking if I wanted to prep the doc for reading. After that, all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook user. Encountered a "warning empty page" warning and the solution was to print my text document as a PDF and upload this printed version into Adobe Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of opening the file using the Acrobat DC or Pro application, allow the file to open in your Web browser. The Read Aloud option should appear at the right in the tool bar at the top of document or window. 
This was effective for me, not using the View menu > Read Out Loud in Acrobat DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines