• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF's do not display when I open them

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on my work laptop. Everyone has it preinstalled. I am the only one that I know of having this issue. We have even deinstalled, rebooted and reinstalled but we still have the same issue:

#1 If I open a 1 page or a 10 page .pdf file, it tries to open automatically in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC however, the Adobe interface is completely white except for the menu item at top and on the right.

The pdf file contents do not display automatically. I have to click INSIDE the white space in the application to get the contents of page 1 to display.

#2 The 'page up' and 'page down' buttons on the keyboard do not display the next page contents as I try to advance the pdf file through the pages. I have click each page, and then click inside the white square of the application.

I am sincerely hoping someone out there knows what can cause this behaviour. I noticed it started to happen a few months ago but now that I need to use this application more that it is hindering my performance. 

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Hi SilverHawk,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described above the PDFs do not display the page content when you open the file.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs you try to open? Please try to open a different PDF file and check.
  • Is the file located locally on your computer or is it on a shared network drive? Please store the file locally on your computer and check.
  • What is the version of the Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SilverHawk,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described above the PDFs do not display the page content when you open the file.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs you try to open? Please try to open a different PDF file and check.
  • Is the file located locally on your computer or is it on a shared network drive? Please store the file locally on your computer and check.
  • What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed? To check the version of the application please use the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html
    Make sure you have the latest version 19.21.20061 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.
  • Also, please try to repair installation (For Windows only) Go to Help > Repair Installation

If it still doesn't work, please try the following steps

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back. I tried the cleaner and that fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SilverHawk,

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines