Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF's will not open when double clicked, but will open in Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a really wierd problem and was hoping someone here might have either had the same issue or something similar.  We have a terminal server that has Adobe Reader installed on it and users can save files there from a proprietary 3rd party software.  The problem arises when they try to open the PDF's that have been created by double-clicking the icon.  Instead of launching Adobe it does nothing.  But, if I open Adobe on the terminal server and browse to that file I can open it from there.  

We have tried, repairing the installation, uninstalling and reinstalling, gutting the registry after uninstalling and reinstalling, and I have been also just doing online research. We can also copy the file from the terminal server to our individual desktop and then open it, and if we copy it back to the terminal server afterwards it will open, but only that file.  If a new one is created in the software the same problem will occur.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks,

Rodney

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rodney...I have the same issue...happens to me about once every 3-4 months, and each time - I have to spend hours researching, checking for updates, restarting...it's getting very annoying. I feel your pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines