• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF will only open in "preview mode" without full functionality

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an electric bill that comes in the form of a PDF that I can enter my bank account information on, and it will send the payment back to the electric company.

I usually do this on my desktop computer, but am out of town and using my laptop.

I get the error message when opening the bill "You have opened this PDF in preview mode and do not have full functionality" and then it gives instructions to download it and open it with Acrobat Reader to use it (as opposed to opening it in the browser directly from the email).

It worked in the past but now it still gives me the error and I have followed the instructions exaclt.

How do I open this PDF in (non-preview...?) mode for full functionality??

Thanks,

Brian

TOPICS
PDF forms , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the file and open it in Reader. If you believe you are already doing that, please describe your exact steps to save it, and to open it. Everything you click exactly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just happened to me and I solved it.  Your virus software is removing what it considers a malicious script when you download the bill.  The malicious script is actually the script that lets you pay your utility bill.  Go into your anit-virus and turn off the script erasing or blocking on downloads, or whatever it calls it, for 15 minutes and do your stuff.

Nadine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines