• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pencil woes

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the pencil tool in Reader, I cannot draw with it; rather, it just makes dots. (When I use Acrobat, however, I am able to draw with the pencil.)

How do I fix this? I'm trying to show students how to use the pencil tool, and making only dots with it isn't useful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Select the Comment (the Pencil drawing) > Right Click > select Properties from the context sensitive menu.

What does your show?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it say when you bring up Properties for the Pencil tool?

And is this happening on all machines or just yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you able to access the pencil's properties? Also, once you do that, what property would you change to make the pencil actually draw rather than make dots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Comment (the Pencil drawing) > Right Click > select Properties from the context sensitive menu.

What does your show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. For some reason the pencil tool is only drawing dots now. When I right click on the dot, it brings up the properties menu just like you show. What do I need to change to get it to draw a line again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of these changes will make a difference. 

You cannot even stretch the shape out with the arrow tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem

There does not appear to be anything that makes any changes on the right click menu

Joe27087018w25i_0-1668193637438.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me as well, both times I just made sure I had the latest updates and it worked properly without any setting changes. This last one, it did have a pop-up that said Touch Mode Auto-Detect had been enabled (or something similar). Can find this option in Edit-Preferences-General- Touch Mode is about halfway down.

R289800748f9d_0-1679512200030.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the pencil as a dot problem to go away changing the "Touch Mode" to "NEVER"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines