• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please provide information on getting free Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many users who barely use a PDF reader on their computer. From time to time they may want to sign a document. I tried to help a friend get Reader set up and I was barraged with multiple Adobe offers for all kinds of software and no clear help on just installing Reader. I wasn't even clear she could get it for free.

For occasional users of Reader, please provide a clear way to find the website via Google search, provide clear information on what Reader is, and stop trying to sell the occasional user on a more expensive product.

Also, why isn't Reader available on the Apple App store?

No wonder there are so many other PDF readers proliferating the digital landscape. 

(I am an experienced user but not a professional user and I also think there's an opportunity for a middle tier charge for my very ocassional use. I would like to know more about Photoshop and Illustrator, but I don't use it very much and I am paying a lot just for the privilege of looking at it. Would love to have you offer various levels of service, not just the professional level)

TOPICS
How to , Mac , PDF Pack , Security digital signatures and esignatures , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google "adobe reader" and go to the first link. It will take you to the right page (https://get.adobe.com/reader/). And the first line in the description of that page clearly states it's a free application:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.

And if you search the same in the Apple App Store I'm sure you will find a similar result.

The reason there are so many PDF viewers out there is that Adobe released the PDF format to the public domain many years ago and it's now an ISO standard so anyone can develop an application that views, edits or creates PDF files. And yet, very few of these applications do a decent job of it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines