Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pop-up blocking use of Reader

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

Thank you kind people for all of the help you provide. I could use some of your help...

Every time I start the app a window pops up with a prompt "Work with PDFs while browsing the web." See the screenshot.

As far as I can tell it is not possible to dismiss this window and use the app. All of the controls in the pop-up are non-responsive
- The X in the upper-right
- The Continue Button
- The Learn More link
- The checkbox

The Application won't quit - I have to use the Mac's Force Quit to use the app.

I'm on Nac OS Catalina. I cannot tell what eversion of the app I'm using because the option to look that up is greyed out.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the application. No change. (Installation file: AcroRdrDC_2001220041_MUI.dmg)

Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 2.03.00 PM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Ah, yes. I once saw one of these boxes which covered another message, but would not accept any input. This was on Windows. You can try, if stuck, pressing Return or Esc to see if it makes the hidden message disappear. These boxes are a real nuisance, I think Adobe have a team devoted to thoughtless and inconvenient in-app advertising, perhaps rewarded for the most inconvenient or thoughtless.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I think I accidentally might have clicked on one of those update flash player pop-ups, not sure.  But my malware program has not detected a virus.  I have installed and re-installed the adobe reader.  I checked extensions and data in all of my browsers.  There is nothing.  Everytime, I download Adobe reader, it has this pop up window as described above that prevents the reader from running.  Well I am looking into alternatives at this point to the reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem on my mac. Never experienced it before. Now I will have to use a different program... Adobe what's going on here?

I am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue here. Just wondering if anyone managed to figure a fix? Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't solve it, I just found. Hopefully someone from Adobe will chime in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: after reinstalling Adobe, in the 0.5 seconds before the popup appears, I had a chance to accept another popup allowing Reader to be the default app for pdfs. After doing so, the popup comes again but is clickable this time around. Thereafter, I went to Cmd+K, General: and disabled popups. This seems to work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes. I once saw one of these boxes which covered another message, but would not accept any input. This was on Windows. You can try, if stuck, pressing Return or Esc to see if it makes the hidden message disappear. These boxes are a real nuisance, I think Adobe have a team devoted to thoughtless and inconvenient in-app advertising, perhaps rewarded for the most inconvenient or thoughtless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Omg yes! This worked for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same issue. Makes any use of the application impossible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines