Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print to PDF Text gets converted to image

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

Im generating customer invoices as HTML and would love to print these invoices to a PDF for eMail.

Printing to PDF from any browser (Firefox, Chrome etc) always results in that some (!) not all texts in the invoice gets converted to an image.

I would like all text to be actually text!

Any ideas how to get all text as text when printing to file? What am Im doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you print to PDF? Acrobat Reader can't create PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fault: I just saw that there is also a "Acrobat" forum. Maybe my question should be there... maybe the mods can move the question?!

Anyway here is the dialog that I use from Firefox:

Screenshot 2021-03-10 130005.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you own Adobe Acrobat you can convert HTML to PDF with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I own Adobe Acrobat. I just tried to convert the HTML to PDF. Unfortunatley I dont get expected results too.

1. Converting directly in Acrobat Pro DC:

Tools -> Website: Outcome: Text is rendered correctly (all text). Images (eg. the logo is a SVG) are ignored by Acrobat and PDF looks not as expected. Not good.

2. Converting/Printing from Firefox:

Print to File -> Adobe PDF (Options see in my last post): Some text gets converted to an image. Not good.

Another option would be to implement the PDF creation directly in a custom C# application that generates the HTML but as long as I dont know to get it working without any issues I dont want to get into the hassle of IAC.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a other browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Adobe product that converts HTML to PDF “understands” SVG invoked by HTML on a web page. Long-standing “issue” …

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines