• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer properties.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attaches a screen shot of the properties box for my HP printer when trying to print a document in Adobe acrobat reader. As you can see all the boxes are blank and I have no choice in the drop down boxes ans please note the writng that you can see is in a strange language/characters,these change every time I open the proberties box. Can anyone help?. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ray_rig

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described the options in the printer properties box are empty and their language changes everytime you open it.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win only)

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool -https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal. I have the latest version of Adobe installed.I have tried all that you suggest bt it is still the same. I should add that the priner properteis box in all other applications are working as normal it is just in Adobe. I hope you can help mr further. Thank you.

Regards

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried to remove the application using the cleaner tool and then reinstalling the application as described earlier?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal. Yes I did what you said and it worked. I now have all my printer properties working normal. I did reply earlier and told you that everything is fine now. Thank you for your help. 

Regards 

Ray 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal. I have an update for you. My Adobe reader updated to 64 bit and the problem returned. I uninstalled it again and downloaded the 32 bit edition and things are back to normal. How can I stop the 64 bit edition from being installed?. This seems to be a problem for lot's of users. Thank you.

Regards

Ray 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ray

We are sorry to hear that. Please check out the correct answer marked in the similar dicussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/disable-automatic-update-to-64-bit-reader-... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal. I don't have that entry in my registry. All Adobe entries start with a C. Thank you.

Regards

Ray 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot of where you are looking in the registry and find only entries starting with C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Please find screenshpt of my registry for Adobe. Unless I am doing something wrong. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines