• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with creating digital signature in Acrobat Reader DC (32 bit) on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create a digital signature and get to this stage to choose a file, the only file type it allows to browse are pdf type. I've saved signature image in jpg format. How can I change it to allow insert graphic from an image file?

Malik5E2E_0-1626996026517.png

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the image file into a PDF file and use the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my understanding that Acrobat Reader offers the option to import graphic is either  pdf or jpg formats. My request for assistance is about "how can I change it to allow insert graphic from an image file?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you assume this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood this based upon Adobe documentation on this page for Using handwritten signatures where it states "Save the image in the desired format. Acrobat supports a wide variety of formats." Am I mistaken to conclude that it supports the image in most common image formats?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That link is for the paid for product Acrobat. Not applicable to the free Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines