Problem with editing a fillable form

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I fill a box in the form with a note , other boxes with the SAME TITLE NAME automatically get filled. how can I fix it ?

ScreenShot_20220527164734.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF and browsers , PDF forms , PDF Pack , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

I contacted the supporting service involved with the Form, they sent me a fault-free version of the Form without the problem under discussion.

So .... thank you all my friends for your helpful replies.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amin24627969j10t 

Sorry for the trouble. 

It happens because you have name both the fields as same, change the name of the fields, like if one is "years" name other as "years2". 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harsh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I didn't build the form so I can not edit it. It's an information form from an institute.

anyway, thank you for your reply.... I look forward for any other solution from you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Reader you can't do anything, I'm afraid. You'll need Acrobat to check the form fields and apply neccessary changes to to them or you contact the author of the form to ask him to fix the form.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...The form has been filled by many people so far, so it can not be an intrinsic bug....

Thanks for commenting, RADZMAR

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the file for further help with this issue. It's very likely the fields have the same name, but it's not possible to say for sure without seeing the file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file ...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fields with the same name uses the same content.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.. that's the problem!.....Since fields with the same name have different SUBJECTS!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change this with Acrobat Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fields don't have "subjects". If you're referring to the text next to them, that has no relevance for the fields.

The problem is with the original form. You should report it to the authors and ask them to fix it.

Maybe everyone else printed it and filled it in manually, or did not fill in this part of it, as they would have had the same problem as you, if they did.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your detailed mention...

Authors can not be found for sure... I wish I could fix it by myself...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited the form by some pdf editing app just right now.... The problem didn't get solved, UnfortunatelyScreenShot_20220527232430.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use Acrobat to do it. If you want I can do it for you, but I take no responsibilities or liabilities in case this gets you in trouble...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted the supporting service involved with the Form, they sent me a fault-free version of the Form without the problem under discussion.

So .... thank you all my friends for your helpful replies.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines