• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Microsoft Information Protection Plug-In for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently have a problem with the Microsoft Information Protection Plug-In for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The authentification to Azure does not work properly when trying to open an encrypted document. This leads to the following error message: "Client application failed to provide athentication token for HTTP request".
Adobe Reader DC Version: 2020.012.20048
MIP Plug-In Version: 20.9.20063.381938

The Plug-In for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is working fine.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version: 2020.012.20043

MIP Plug-In Version: Microsoft Information Protection Plug-In for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Anyone has an idea what is the problem? Tested on several devices. Is the Plug-In broken at the moment? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem. Permission problem on our side. Nevermind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the permissions issue to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Torsten5C60  What exactly was the permissions problem? thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am also getting the same error, I can't seem to enable the security setting in Settings > Security > Microsoft Purview Information Protection. I checkbox the setting then restart Adobe and it unticks itself. Is there a registry fix somewhere or is a certain version needed to get this permanently switched on? 
If I upgrade to Adobe Standard it works fine however I have a user base of over 10000 so not too sure its the best solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please tell us what was the resolution on this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines