• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with PDF (not Acrobat Reader): PDF is blank

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ongoing issue with one specific PDF I have.  This is not an issue with Adobe Acrobat Reader but with a specific PDF.  Before I explain the issue, let me state I have no opportunity to have the sender issue me a new copy of this file.  They sent it to me twice several years ago and claimed there were no issues with it.  However, this file is important to me and want to ensure it is accessible for years to come.

I am using an M1 Macbook Pro running Ventura but had the same issue while using my old intel based MacBook Pro with the last couple of versions of MacOS.  I usually use Safari Browser and always just open my PDFs in Preview.  This PDF...

Title: DocuWare Generated PDF

Application: ConvertToPDF

PDF Producer: DynaPDF 2.5.4.567

PDF Version: 1.5 (Acrobat 6.x)

56 pages long

Created: October 2019

When I initially tried opening the file in Quick Look it was blank.  So I fully opened the file in Preview and it was also blank.  So I tried opening it in Safari and again it was blank.  So I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader and it opened just fine.  I tried opening it in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome today and again it opens just fine.

It makes me nervous that this important file won't just open in Preview like every single other PDF I have ever tried to open.  Any thoughts on what is causing the issue and any thoughts on how I can correct this so my PDF will open generically on any platform I have?

TIA,

Rob

TOPICS
Mac , PDF and browsers , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll need to ask in an Apple forum, but Preview is known to be a very buggy app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines