Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems after update

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently updated the adobe reader application on my laptop. And since the update it has become horribly slow. Kindly help fixing it. I'm facing lot of lag while reading any document. I have already tried reinstalling it but that doesnt help

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akhilesh

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, the application is slow after you updated the application

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work please try to repair the installation (Win Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer.

You may also try the following settings and see if that helps go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac)> Preferences > Page Display > Under Rendering > Uncheck 'Use page cache' > Click OK

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way by which I can revert back to previous version of Adobe because I have tried these steps but the problem remains.

I would like to elaborate on the problem. So I have a 2in1 Dell laptop. The problem of hanging comes when it is used in the tablet mode. But in the previous version there was no such glitch. Apart from being slow, one particular glitch is that while using Adobe reader in tablet mode, when I exit from the "Reading Mode(Ctrl+H)", the screen gets blacked. Then what I am left with is to close the adobe and reopen it. But that is so frustrating because all the highlighting and underlying just goes away and am unable to save the progress. And again this problem has occurred since the recent update brought by Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines