Exit

Question about fixed texts in pdf

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Hans.

I use adobe reader in my MAC OS.

Hundreds of files pass through me a day, which I need to make textual notes or comments. However I would like these annotations to become fixed as when I save the file, without me needing to export the pdf, because when I export, I go through another infinity of folders on the network to replace the exported file with the original.

Is there any command to make the added text an image or have it fixed after I access the files tab and save my pdf?

Thank you for now!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, you can't do that with Adobe Reader, that is, after all, a free program. You can do that with Acrobat Standard (for PCs only) or Acrobat Pro (for Macs and PCs). 

You might want to check with your boss if your time is worth having him get you the proper tools for your job!

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you mean by "fixed". If you mean convert the comments into static content, then no, it's not possible in Reader. If you mean "lock" them so that others can't change them, it's possible to some extent.

You can lock a comment by right-clicking it, selecting Properties, and ticking the Locked box under Appearance:

try67_0-1624697271176.png

This will only prevent someone else from moving or otherwise editing the comment, but they could always go back to the same dialog and un-tick this box, and then edit it.

And you can apply this locking to multiple comments by selecting them in the Comments List panel, then right-clicking one of them and following the same procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the paid version of Acrobat that can run Actions, then you can run an action that will flatten comments and form fields. This is not available in the free Reader.

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2011/02/14/flatten-form-fields-and-comment-using-a-free-acrobat-x-...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines