• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Advance Search" is disabled on Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people, I am using Acrobat Reader DC (Free), installed over a Windows 10 x64 System with no problem during the installation but I am unable to use the feature of "Advance Search", it is shown greyed out as it is disabled or blocked.

I tried clicking there anyway and opening the window with the key shortcuts but it simply doesn't pop up. Am I missing something? Do I need to enable anything else after installation?

Thus far I completely uninstalled, ran CCleaner, fixed registry, reboot, installed again from the web (so latest version) and the situtation is the same.

I need help please or some guidance about what to look for. Thanks since now for anyone who answer.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all files, or some? If the latter, maybe they don't allow searching... Look under File - Properties - Security. Is Content Extraction enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens whenever I open Adobe Reader, since Advance Search look for words in the files of a whole folder it is not something specific from a file only, I suppose it could be something related to Win10 and some option but I am not sure where to look at this moment, tried everything I read about and it doesn't change

For instance, it is the opposite of this picture where "Search" is disabled and "Advance Search is not":

GerardoAriel5E90_0-1625665929451.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried rebuilding the index for Windows 10 and didn't work, tried with all the methods described here:

How to Reset and Rebuild the Search Index in Windows 10 - WinBuzzer

Honestly at this point I don't know what to check, I can't find anything useful in google by now and I am running out of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines