• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"an error occurred while sending mail" using Outlook

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat (22.001.20085) and MS Outlook version (version 2203, build 15028.20160) on Windows 10.

When I try to send an email attachment from within adobe by using the envelope icon I get "an error occurred while sending mail".

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Adobe Acrobat and MS Outlook.
  • I have turned off  "Enable Enhanced Security". 
  • Outlook is set as my default email client.

I have three users in my office that are experiencing this problem.  The first started having the issue on Thursday followed by the second on Fiday and now the third is having the problem today, Monday. I am thinking an update has broken the feature, but I do not know if it is an Outlook issue or an Adobe issue.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

The versions are included in my orignial post.

I have solved this issue.  The solution was to run an online repair of my Microsoft Office. 

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer.

Also, try to repair the installation (Win Only) from the help menu > repair installation and reboot the computer once.

Try removing the email account you have in Adobe Reader and then add it back and make it default. Navigate to Edit>Preferences>Email accounts>Remove the current email account. Then reboot the machine and add the email account again from Edit>Preferences>Email accounts.

Also, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/attach-to-email-not-working.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The versions are included in my orignial post.

I have solved this issue.  The solution was to run an online repair of my Microsoft Office. 

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the exact same issue and it was also resolved by running an online repair of Microsoft Office. Have you had this issue recur? One of our users has now had this happen 2 days in a row. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to the on line repair?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Online Repair can be done from Program and Features, just select the Microsoft application and on the top click on Change, that will give you two options used the Online repair that its the second option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines