"Bytes not ready" error

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Acrobat Reader to view and comment on a couple PDFs which are located in my Google Drive for Desktop. After closing my laptop, walking to a different location (on the same Wi-Fi network), and upon opening it back up again, I was presented with a "Bytes not ready." error pop-up in Acrobat Reader. When clicking "OK," the pop-up always reappears after a length of time ranging from immediately to around five seconds. I know I could probably fix this by force-quitting and reinstalling Reader, but I would just like to know why this might be happening, and how to avoid it in future.

TOPICS
Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brandon2188803567a4 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Could you help me with few details asked below:
1. Screenshot of error message

2. Have you tried to logout of the application, reboot the computer once and relogin with the same Adobe ID?

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.07.20095 (Win) , 21.07.20096 (Mac) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates.

Also try to logout of the application, reboot the computer once and relogin with the same Adobe ID and see if that works for you.

Also please collect the logs of the affected machine as described here - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share the logs with us via document cloud - https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Let us know how it works at your end. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards

Ria

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I just received the same "Bytes not ready" error message when trying to save a PDF I've commented on.  I can't just close the file because I need to save my comments/markups.  I have tried saving the file in multiple places.  I also ensured that my adobe is up to date with the latest Mac version.  What am I to do?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If saving locally does not help, you do not have many options. I doubt that you can solve the issue, without closing and following the recommended actions here.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here with same issue looking for workarounds or fix.

"You do not have (m)any options" is becoming increasingly more common a response in the Support threads.  
The unreliability and inconsistency of Acrobat's performance make it a subpar tool for work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20112 / MacOS 11.6.5 —fourth occurrence in about 60 days. Using comment feature to combine comments from multiple PDFs. Ads for what you can do with Acrobat, Adobe cloud, etc., are working perfectly well, thank you for asking.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and this is just phenomenally stupid. How does Adobe just keep getting worse and worse at... EVERYTHING? I just re-installed Adobe yesterday. The amount of time I waste with this ridiculous software is insane.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. My PDF is saved to Google Drive, synced to my desktop and set to be available offline. I was leaving comments and all of a suddent got the "Bytes not ready" error. I couldn't save the document and lost all my comments.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional details I forgot to include:

• I'm on a Mac, OS Catalina, 10.15.7
  • My Acrobat version is 2022.001.20112

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines