"Save As" box is blank

Neu hier ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

The "Save As" box is coming up completely blank when I try to save a PDF to my desktop.  I am on a MAC.  It used to show up options to name a file and save to any location - but now it is completely blank

THEMEN
Allgemeine Fehlerbehebung , Mac

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines

correct answers 9 richtige Antworten

Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017
Hi Yvonnec79586663, The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat; it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've dedicated files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "The cloud," it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your "Save As" dialog back- Open up Acrobat's preferences, Edit>Preferences. Then go to the "General" category and...

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017
Hello Qnl,As per the description above, you are not getting the Save option as a blank white box appears, Is that correct?Please navigate to preferences of Acrobat/Reader from Edit>Preferences>General and uncheck(deselect) these two following options:Show online storage when opening files.Show online storage when saving files.If the issue persists, please share the following details: Is it Acrobat or Reader installed , check from Help>About Adobe Acrobat/Reader. Is it a Mac or Windows machine?H...

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018
Hi Marischmitt, As you have mentioned above, you are referring that the Save as the window opens blank when you try to save the PDF.If that is the case, please try the steps mentioned below:- Launch the application and go to Edit > Preferences > General.- Then uncheck the box for "Show online storage when saving the files".- Click "OK" at bottom of the preferences window.Check if you can save the files now.Let us know if you need any help.Regards,Meenakshi

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe Community-Experte , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018
Go to Edit - Preferences - General and disable "Show online storage when saving files" and "Show online storage when opening files".

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018
Hello Kimr,We're sorry for the trouble you had, you can disable the Adobe Cloud Storage service using Adobe Customization Wizard DC, you can also use the Windows Registry to turn these service off.Please refer to the following Adobe article and discussion for the steps Disable online services/features in Acrobat Reader DC? Registry Key to Disable Cloud Storage in Creative Cloud You can also refer to Welcome to the Wizard — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows and Installation and setup — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows...

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021
[Edited] Hi there The planned update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 21.07.20099  is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates  and reboot the computer once. You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html  and see if that works for you. For more information about the new release please check the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-october-21-updates-are-l......

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021
Hi there Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described you get the blank  white screen on saving the PDFs. Please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show online storage when saving file' and 'Show online storage when opening file' > Click OK and reboot the computer once and check. Regards Amal

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021
Hi @Russell219905543nce  Hope you are doing well. As you are unable to save the document. Please try  going to Edit>Preferences>General>Basic tools and deselect the boxes that say "Show online storage when opening files" and "Show online storage when saving files". Let us know how it works at your end. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us. Regards Ria

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Adobe-Mitarbeiter , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022
Hi there Sorry to keep you waiting. The planned update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 21.11.20039  is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates  and reboot the computer once. You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html  and see if that works for you. For more information about the new release please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html...

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Neu hier ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Kopiert

Why is this even turned on by default? Suggest a notification to user when configuring the setup

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Kopiert

Very many thanks indeed.  This has been a nusance for at least a couple of weeks now; having to save by printing using Microsoft pdf creator.  This obviously doesn't work with 'active' pdf files.  

Solution so clearly laid out and worked perfectly.  

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Kopiert

Hi Akanchha, 

This has not worked for me - I still cannot save pdfs because the save and save as dialougue boxes are empty. Both of those boxes are checked in my preferences. 

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Kopiert

You need to UNcheck the boxes.

The issue has been popping up for a couple years at least now. It has come and gone several times on my laptop. The last time, I had to uncheck the boxes every time I opened Adobe - it would not save the settings. Then the probelm just went away by itself (again).

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Entdecker ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Kopiert

It's now June 2021 and this issue just occurred for me today. Thankfully, clearing "Show online storage when saving files" brings back the Save As dialog. That still does not explain why, after FOUR YEARS since someone raised the issue, Adobe has still not fixed such a fundamental bug in its software. Does Adobe think this is acceptable customer service?

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Kopiert

I believe this happens when you're not logged in to Adobe Cloud. Many Adobe Acrobat DC features require the user to be logged in but this is not clearly advertised. In my own case, it was asking me for access to my keychain in order to log in and things weren't working until I gave permission. 

Neil

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Kopiert

Hello there

in Zehnara clinic we need some help for SEO. Can anyone help me with some questions?

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Adobe Community-Experte ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Kopiert

Hello zehn,

Please post your question in a separate thread:

In the meanwhile see if this brief tutorial answers your question: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-optimize-a-pdf-for-seo-using-acrobat-dc/

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Kopiert

The suggested answer worked - at least for now.  Questions:  I've been using Adobe Reader for years, but this problem only came up in the last few days - what changed ?  Why does this fix even work ?  I don't store anything in the cloud (heaven forbid), nor do I have any intention of doing so.

Thanks...

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Kopiert

If the above solution does not work, you may try "killing" the AdobeCEF.exe in Task Manager.  When this happens, I have at least 5 of these running.  I kill them all and the issue goes away.

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Kopiert

Thank you for the solution. Me and my team have been trying to figure out why users were having the grayed out box when attempting to save a pdf file. 

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Kopiert

Yo, Adobe. This is a bug! Yes, this answer worked for me, thank you, but  THIS IS A BUG that should be fixed. It is unacceptable for a basic product feature (file save!!) to fail disastrously in this manner. And you have known for four years. Unacceptable.

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Kopiert

I open the document and click on Fill & Sign and I do the required edit but when I click on Save it opens the save box but it is blank with no where to save the document. I do not know if this is an Adode Acrobat problem or a Microsoft problem as I have had a few problems since the last Microsoft update

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Kopiert

Hi @Russell219905543nce 

Hope you are doing well.

As you are unable to save the document. Please try  going to Edit>Preferences>General>Basic tools and deselect the boxes that say "Show online storage when opening files" and "Show online storage when saving files".

Let us know how it works at your end. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards

Ria

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Kopiert

Hi Ria,
I tried the process that you said and yes it did work.
Thank you very much
Russell

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Kopiert

I didn't know this was my problem, as earlier, the mode of destination display had worked for me, but this problem came up, and your tip did solve it, thanks

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Kopiert

Hello,

I am unable to save my pdf. I hit the save button and am taken to the save as box but the box is blank and I can not save. My work is due now and I need to fix this issue immediately.

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Adobe Community-Experte ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Kopiert

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and disable "Show online storage when saving files" and "Show online storage when opening files".

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Kopiert

The save option is gray out. When I click save as option, a blank white box appear .

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Adobe-Mitarbeiter ,

Kopiert

Hello Qnl,

As per the description above, you are not getting the Save option as a blank white box appears, Is that correct?

Please navigate to preferences of Acrobat/Reader from Edit>Preferences>General and uncheck(deselect) these two following options:

1. Show online storage when opening files.
  2. Show online storage when saving files.

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

1. Is it Acrobat or Reader installed , check from Help>About Adobe Acrobat/Reader.
  2. Is it a Mac or Windows machine?

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

Thank you for your help. I can save it now.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Kopiert

I followed these steps on WIndows 10, but it didn't work.Now what?

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Kopiert

Never mind -- I tried again and it'snow fixed!

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Adobe-Mitarbeiter ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Kopiert

That's so awesome to hear. Give us a shout if you need any assistance with Acrobat/Reader in future.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Kopiert

New version 21.007.20099 downloaded and installed automatically on Windows 10 Pro (latest version).

Now when you add a sticky note for reference you cannot save the document. Save as or saave produces an emmpty "blank" box and hangs.

Tried preferences and unchecking/checking "show file storage" on save option in general.  Not working.

Why?

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines