Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"show quick actions on text selection" - Slow performance and CPU spike

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a habit of selecting text while reading a doc.

When I read a PDF from Adobe reader, I noticed slow performance (pause / halt / circling orb), and also a CPU spike,

It was the quick action menu that caused the issue.

I don't understand why it takes too long to show up and it always use 100% of one CPU core before displaying the quick action menu.

I disabled it from preference.

Version is 2023.001.20093.

I have AMD Ryzen 7 1700 with 16GB RAM.

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Byungkook293577753sow 

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

If yes, then please try the following suggestion:

1- Restart your computer once. If Acrobat's processes are running in the background, then close them from Task Manager

2- Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader 

3- If it still doesn't work, then change the following preferences setting:

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a same problem when dragging texts in Acrobat (even in latest ver.), the program got crashed temporarily, BUT this problem has only emerged when text data in pdf are not well-categorized (OCR function) or have images with too high resolution (and transformed "searcheable texts").

The present solutions above do not and cannot correct this issue. I guess the program does not utilize CPU or GPU well when loading bulk of imaged text data, and this problem accompanied with the "program window theme problem." (which is an acrobat window theme suddenly changed to 'not-original theme or Creative Cloud window theme)

unfortunately, i have no idea to fix these problems yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines