• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RdrServicesUpdater.exe - Application Error: was unable to start correctly

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 2019 server I get this message while trying to install the Adobe Reader DC 21.005.20048. The software is installed then and can be used without any issues. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is come back - RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one server, Windows Server 2016, Adobe Reader is newer version 2021.007.20091

It installed without error - RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142

In ERP system (Helios Orange) when user can generate PDF, still is pop up window - Windows Configuration Adobe Reader, then show pdf.

Every time pop up this info windows.

erp.png

On another server, Windows Server 2016, when I updated Adobe to new version 2021.007.20091, before complete the instalation pop up window - RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142.

In ERP system (Helios Orange) when user can generate PDF, still is pop up window - Windows Configuration Adobe Reader, then pop  RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142, then user can open pdf file

Every time pop up this infos windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem, no one fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

same here with 2012R2 and RDS

for now we use chrome to open and save pdf and I've remove adobe reader.

please adobe team let us know when it 'll be fix on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue like this:

I use the setup.ini with the followong options:

---------------->8-----------

[Startup]

CmdLine=/rs /sAll

[Product]

CmdLine=TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" INSTALLUWPAPP=NO DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS=1

---------------->8-----------

In this case there is no error message at the end of the installation. BUT unfortunately the feature Fill & Sign stopped working. Feel free to try out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These things is not fixed this problems!

Adobe must fix in next update!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/server2016-rds-farm-21-007-20091-update-er...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody tried Kyle4444's solution:

Hello everyone! I think I might have found a fix. Currently, it's after hours for me, so I don't have other users to test this on their end. But I have managed to open and close Reader around 10 times without the message popping up. I will update everyone tomorrow if I find out this did not fix the issue for other users on the server, but I figured I would at least throw out what I've done in case it is a fix. I'm not sure which of these steps that I took ultimately did the trick, but I will outline everything I did in order and leave it at that. I am on Windows Server 2008R2, but I believe this will work for anyone.

1. I ensured that everyone else except myself (administrator) was logged off of the server. I went ahead and downloaded the installer for the newest version of Adobe, as well as downloaded the cleaner off of Adobe's website (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).

2. I then uninstalled Acrobat Reader via Control Panel.

3. I then ran the cleaner and browsed manually for the Adobe folder located in C://Program Files (x86) and selected it. It said it cleaned it and that is was removed, but the folder was still there after the process was finished.

4. I then deleted the entire Adobe folder in the Program Files (x86) location and emptied the Recycle Bin.

5. Restarted the server.

6. This next step is what I believe most likely fixed the issue (but I do not know this for sure). I went into the Registry (Run > regedit), and I navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node. In this, there is an Adobe folder. I went into the Adobe folder and saw several folders that were named after the Adobe programs installed on the server. I went ahead and deleted the following folders here: Acrobat Reader, Installer, and Setup. I closed the Registry, and then restarted the server again.

7. I then ran the installer and re-installed Acrobat Reader. 

I have restarted, logged in and off, and opened up and closed Acrobat Reader a lot over the past 30 minutes and no message has popped up. I did notice the Registry folders I deleted were reinstalled with the Acrobat Reader installation, so I believe this was the actual fix. 

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKED FOR ANYONE ELSE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Then you must install previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we get the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on my experience, the error will not appear if other users are not currently logged in.  Once users are logged in, it seems to try running the update routine and launches under one of the other users' security context and then fails.  I suspect you will see the problem return once you see a few users on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^^^ Yes. My solution only worked after I ensured I was the only one logged into the server while performing these changes. I had tried something similar with a few other users on the server, and yes the error message did come back. For it to work, I forced the logoff of all other users with the Remote Desktop Services Manager, and then proceeded with the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it has been working ever since! Going on 2 weeks with no error message for any user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I followed your proceedure it worked correctly for about 4 days before the error started appearing again for users. Please update this thread if you expirence the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Kyle4444's solution is confirmed to work on my 2016 Standard RDS server with 25 users.  I just made the changes last night and users are reporting no popup this morning when Adobe is closed.  Kyle's solution for the hanging SaveAs issue worked for me in this environment as well.  I'll be making this change tonight on my two other RDS servers now that this is confirmed to be the fix.  No need to roll to an earlier version - just follow Kyle4444's instructions from his original post exactly.  Thank you once again Kyle - much appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the above steps on a 2012 r2 terminal server with 40+ users and initially it seems to work, I can open pdfs in succession without issue, though I do see a process trying to load as my cursor starts circling. It's only when other users start logging in that I start getting the error, even when signed in as the admin. Another thing I noticed is that the error only pops up every second time Acrobat is closed, I've even applied the bUpdater reg-key to attempt to stop any updates but it doesn't seem to have done the trick. Does anyone know if there are any other known suggestions that can be applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 6 farms effected by the same thing.. give me another PDF reader and I will migrate the lot.... 

64 bit auto updating and now this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

New version work fine.

But ..........

After close PDF, Adobe Reader dont Close automatically in Task Manager AdobeRdrCEF!!!

When user finish work end of the day, Windows close  the AdobeRdrCEF after Log Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have Windows Server 2016. Users connect with RDP.

If user open PDF or Form PDF, and close Adobe Reader, the process AdobeRdrCEF running still. Why dont close?????

When user Log Off in RDP, Windows must close this procecc, write on screen :   GDI + Windows immediatly close.

Please FIX, if close user PDF immediatly close this process. Thank.Névtelen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still seeing this issue with the most recent version of Adobe when installing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaun,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) Installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, please share a small video recording or a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon, 

I've discovered what causes the issue, which I believe would help you with troubleshooting the bug in the install. 
I do have version 22.1.20117 and the way to reproduce this issue is to Install it with an auto login account as another user. 
If you install Adobe with another user logged in (in our case an auto login account) this error message will populate. 

Please See the attached screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

Would you mind collecting the procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud link https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have collected the procmon logs as requested. 
Please refer to the following link:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:ee3bafd6-38a5-46a8-8f7c-bc2b05bde67b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the logs, I have raised the issue to our engineering team for review.

I will share the update as soon as I get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines