• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC 2021.005.20048 update Fill and sign wrong font

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to latest version of Reader DC (Czech), tool "Fill and sign" uses Barcode font instead of normal letters. We are unable to change the font any way.

Problem occurred on most installations in our company (hundreds of computers).

Rolling back previous version fixes the problem. Reinstalling new version 20048 creates problem again.

jiriv37383357_0-1623920826119.png

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi @jiriv37383357 

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you are doing well. The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this art

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jiriv

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the fill and sign font has changed since updae to the new version

Please try to remove te application using the Acrobat cleaner tool - https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  reboot the computer once the reinstall the application using the link - https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ and check if that helps

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,
the download link you sent shows this:
404 Not Found
. Code: NoSuchKey
. Message: The specified key does not exist.
. Key: downloads/acrobatcleaner.html
. RequestId: 49012KBXYK7Y6AVB
. HostId: dhyC4QTu4WRSQiVPsftOORfG2BKnmUTLrg6Hgj1hvS9i7pYd8QLXOX81naQn0Kn+PhQlHXb3WPo=

I found the tool manually. Ran it. Reader was uninstalled.
Then, I rebooted PC and reinstalled with latest updated version package.
Problem is the same.

You should understand that Reader is deployed via group policy in our company. Approaching this manually is not realistic anyway, I cannot go through several hundred endpoints and run cleaner then redeploy base image manually.
We have deployed continuous track, czech version, 32bit. From base image 2019.xxx.xxx we create admininstrative server image installation (msiexec -a) which is periodically updated and endpoints update from that. As I said, problem does not exist in previous version 2100120155.

I found out, that if I type any specifically czech character (such as ž), font is changed automatically to normal letters. Once the box contains only english characters, it returns back to barcode:

When I open the function, the box looks like this - shows barcodes even there is nothing typed at all:

Then I type for example character "ž", the box switches font and stays in normal letters:

Once I delete the "ž" character, the box switches back to barcode font:

It does not matter, where is the "ž" located, it can be anywhere in the text. Once it is present, normal alphabet is used. When deleted, text immediately shows in barcode. Switching works with czech letters located at the top row of keyboard: ěščřžýáíéůú

Tento e-mail a kterékoliv připojené dokumenty mohou být důvěrné a jsou určeny pouze jeho adresátům. Pokud obdržíte tento e-mail omylem, informujte prosím o této skutečnosti jeho odesílatele a zprávu i s přílohami odstraňte ze svého počítače.

This e-mail and any attached documents is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and remove the e-mail including its attachements from your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

01.jpg02.jpg

03.jpg

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jiriv37383357 

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you are doing well. The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Let us know if you still experience any issues.

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines