• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reader dc freezes and quits when using fill and sign

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several documents I use all the time for patients.  With in the last couple months my documents freeze and quit when I'm using fill and sign.  I tried adobe cleaner, uninstalled, reinstalled. looking on the forums and can't find a solution. I got it to work by typing the patient information in a word document and copy and pasting to the fill and sign blocks, but this is not what I want to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jessdeni,

I am sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused, what is the current verison of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates from help menu of Adobe Reader>Check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

Please navigate to Adobe Reader's preference from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>and disable 'Enable Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enable Enhanced Security'>Click OK>resstart the application and check.

Note: Disabling Protected Mode and Enhanced Security is only for testing purpose, please enable it back.

Is Adobe Reader crashed while using the Fill and Sign tool on once specific PDF file or is it with all the PDF files?

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1803

In Adobe  Acrobat Reader DC

We can not update as several of our carriers are having issues with the latest version.

No mater what PDF I use when I use the Fill and Sign, Adobe Reader Crashes.

I have disabled the 'Enable Protected Mode at Startup' and 'Enable Enhanced Security. Yes I did put this back after I tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jess4deni, warrenm6296008

We have made some fixes around this area in the latest version of Reader. I request you to kindly update Reader by going to Help > Check for Updates.

Please let us know in case you still experience the crash after updating to the latest version.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tired to update the version we are running. This is still happening. I did take it back after I tested because several of our insurance carriers are using reader for us to issue our insurance policies. When we upgrade to the latest version we can not longer issue the policies like we need to. This started happening when Adobe released the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi warrenm6296008,

I would request you to kindly share the Crash dumps when Reader Crashes for you.

Here is how you can collect the crash dump :

When Reader Crashes (If you get this error message "Adobe Reader has stopped working") , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs .

For Getting the Crash Logs:

a.      When Acrobat Reader Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager

b.      -> Got To Processes, There you can see a process "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" / AcroRd32.exe

c.      Right Click on this process and click "Create Dump File"

d.      Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of the user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).

e.      Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail at [Moderator: Personal information removed, try private messaging: How Do I Send  Private Message ]

For Mac:

When Application crashes for you, Share the "Crash Report" that appears in the Dialog once application crashes for you.

Image result for reader crash on mac

We will try to analyze your issue on priority once you share this information with us.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and I have updated to the latest version. This severly impacts our ability to work. Do you all have any solutions to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adeconti,

I am sorry for the trouble, what is the version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Would you mind collecting the log files for the machine on which you are experiencing this issue and share it with us in the direct/message only How Do I Send Private Message

Please refer to the previous reply for the steps to collect the log files if you are on Windows machine.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have made some fixes in Fill and Sign in the latest April release. Requesting you to please update your application by going to Help>Check for Updates.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Team, Thanks for responding over previous thread. It gave me some level of insight about the software defects on Adobe reader. I'm still facing the same issue when trying to sign the document. Adobe client completely goes to a freeze state and i have to press escape key to come back to normal state. Is it still unresolved ? Could you pls advise here ? For security reason , I couldnt provide any process dump , However you can simulate this behaviour in your test environment.

Adobe DC is currently on latest version . There is no pending updates avaialble when checked for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines