• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC Not enough data for image (2021.011.20039)

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since Update 2021.011.20039 we get some errors when opening our scanned documents. Not all but some.

Error: Not enough data for image

The document can be open with edge and ran without problems with adobe even bevore the update.

Does anyone have the error or a workaround ?

Kind regards

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Edit 3. I Finally fixed the problem. I tried the "Fix the install"-section and it worked, no more problem.

Regards,

Justus

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the problem occurs with PDF-A dokuments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Can you share a sample PDF file to investigate this issue?

Regards,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, I can do it. Would it be possible to send it by email ? Because of privacy.

Regards,

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can upload the files on one drive or Adobe document cloud and share the link with me here in person.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Mail 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a same error issue. I can open the pdf-files with Adobe but once i have inserted them as an object into my Excel file, the error occurs (when i try to open the object files in Excel) same as in Marcus case. Any suggestions what to do? Is it possible that it's got something to do with Windows 11?

Regards,

Justus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for sharing the sample file.

We are able to reproduce this issue at our end.

We are looking into this & will update you on same.

Regards,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justus,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

As per the description it seems to be an issue when embedded to Excel file.

Is this issue occurs with all file or some specific file?

Kindly share the sample PDF file to investigate further.

Regards,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sweta,

No, it seems to occur only with pdf-files, that are scanned one (you cant copy text from it).

I dont know does it help if i give you example file if it occurs with every pdf-file that are scanned ones.

Regards,

Justus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit. Basicly i get notification: "The file is damaged and could not be repaired" and then the embedden pdf-file doesnt show a thing. It looks like this occurs with the files that i have get via email from other persons. Any idea if that helps you to understand the source of problem?
Regards,

Justus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit 2. Now i did my first own scans to see what happened. I scanned personal A4 paper and when i opened it in Adobe Acrobat DC, it looked good. But when i embedded the file in Microsoft Excel, the same problem occured with the previous one that i described.

Any idea what can i do? It looks to me that the problem is not in the pdf-files that i embed.

Should i try to reinstal my AA DC or Microsoft Office apps?
Regards,
Justus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit 3. I Finally fixed the problem. I tried the "Fix the install"-section and it worked, no more problem.

Regards,

Justus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error with the Version 2022.001.20085. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sweta,
we just installed version 2022.001.20085. Unfortunately it doesn't fix the error. The same mistake. "Not enough data for an image."
We cannot install the updates, otherwise we will not be able to open the scanned documents. But this is also a security problem. Last patch October 2021.
Can you open the pdf files from us? We cannot open them on any of our systems with Adobe Reader. Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 / 2019.
With MS Edge we can open the Files. It works with Firefox too.Only Adobe Reader after 07/21/20099 causes problems.

Need Help

Regards,
Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sweta,

After the update to 2022.001.20117, the problem with older documents that were scanned in color with JPEG2000 unfortunately still exists.

Marcus22688169cb9l_0-1649764844804.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines