READER DOWNLOAD WITHOUT MCAFEE

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please,

I need to downlaod and install

11.1.102.55  reader.

But it always comes with Mcafee antivirus.

I can remove it , but I am afraid of damaging any installed programs.

I need to download without it.

My OS is Win XP SP3

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

As responded in the previous thread:

Hi Thomazp,

Click on this link to download the latest version of Adobe Reader:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO

After you click on the link, you will be taken to the Adobe Reader Download page. Just above the download button, You will see a box with a tick mark in it which indicates McAfee Antivirus will be downloaded too.

Remove the tick mark by clicking on the box and then click on "Download".

This will ensure that only Adobe Reader is downloaded and in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As responded in the previous thread:

Hi Thomazp,

Click on this link to download the latest version of Adobe Reader:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO

After you click on the link, you will be taken to the Adobe Reader Download page. Just above the download button, You will see a box with a tick mark in it which indicates McAfee Antivirus will be downloaded too.

Remove the tick mark by clicking on the box and then click on "Download".

This will ensure that only Adobe Reader is downloaded and installed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only box above it is to download Google Toolbar , not the Mcafee antivirus.

I’m trying English version, XP os, and Reader X(10.1.1) version.

Thanks,

Thomaz S L Portella | Technology – Information Services

Itaú BBA

Phone: 55 11 3139 6751 fax. 55 11 3076 5953 or 3157 5953.

Mobile 55 11 9910 3643

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may see one of two appliations - Google Toolbar or McAfee Antivirus when trying to install free Adobe Software.

As long as you uncheck the box (next to Google Toolbar or McAfee), you will be able to install Adobe Reader only and you will have no other software install with it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really helpful, if they just did not do this.  It is monumentally annoying.  I always forget to uncheck the box and then have to kill the download.  Just another reason to be unhappy with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The enterprise version does not have this featured download: http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve the problem. mcafee is hidden everywhere. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS TO PEOPLE. I HAVE BEEN WASTING HALF HOUR SO FAR TO INSTALL ADOBER READER ALONE WITHOUT MCAFFEE MULTIPLE TIMES WITH NO SUCCESS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really fecking annoying and a good example of user-hostile design.  It immediately creates a negative impression of your company and business practices when you do crap like this.  Just make it easy to install the product people want without extra crap or extra steps of hunting for the opt-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it is already installed on your PC, remove it by clicking the uninstall icon in (x86 program files/McAfee Security Scan Plus/*.exe)...if you did not cleanly uninstall it the 1st time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this is an old post, but in 2011 people were STILL having this issue. Depending on the device you have, you won't even see the checkbox to NOT install McAfee. It's a garbage antivirus, why not bundle it with something 10x better? All it does it slow down machines, and doesn't even do it's job half the time. John McAfee admitted it was a garbage program himself. I had to look this up as I didn't see the checkbox, as an IT professional it's annoying when you have to find a way to not install McAfee, seeming how EVERYTHING is bundled with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you immediately click the Download Acrobat Reader button on the page without scrolling down you might get McAfee by default, depending on your location. For me it's not ticked by default, but you can scroll do and untick it manually, and then click the Download link, and you won't get it bundled with the Reader installer.

Top of download page:

try67_0-1690577973286.png

Lower part of the same page:

try67_1-1690577991079.png

The check-box is just below what you can see when the page first loads. What a coincidence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's an issue with Chrome. My friend has confirmed the box is hidden in Chrome but works in Edge (and Firefox for me as well - I don't have Chrome installed). Google or Adobe is doing something weird with webpage presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I unchecked the box for Mcafee when I downloaded the Adobe installer, and it still installed Mccrappy.  Such a hostile user experience on top of this already bloated PDF reader software.  This is borderline criminal extortion treatment of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines