• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader starts in window

Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though Reader is set to start Maximised when double clicking a PDF file to open it Reader starts in a window.

The window is almost full screen but not maximised.

If Reader is started from the Start Menu then it does open Maximised as it should.

Why won't it start maximised when opening all PDF docs?

---

(Windows 10, all updates applied)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Acrobat and Reader parallel? You're talking about Reader but you screenshots is showing the settings for Acrobat. You may have confused the application you're applied the seetings for?

Anyway. If you apply the settings to a shortcut on your desktop, it will work only when you use that particular shortcut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

The setting to Maximised is not a desktop shortcut, rather the file leocated at Windows(C:)/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs

Granted that does say Adobe Acrobat DC, but the the header when the program opens includes "Reader".

I don't think I'm confused, except maybe by Adobe's labelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That setting does not apply when you open a file by double-clicking it, only when you open that specific shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see that.

(Seems I need to go to the organ grinder.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines