Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduce cursor size in Adobe Reader DC and X Pro

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am currently using Adobe reader DC and X pro.

For some reason when i go to select text in a PDF (single line) the cursor size is too big and selects paragraphs rather than a single line.  How do i adjust the cursor size.  See attached screen capture for more details (cursor size highlighted in red).  I am running this on a Windows 10 PC.  Thanks!

2018-02-06 10_32_12-EdgeRouter - L2TP IPsec VPN Server – Ubiquiti Networks Support and Help Center.p.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

I noticed that if you have full version of Acrobat, you can print the document to another PDF file (using Ctrl + P & Adobe PDF printer), save it as a different filename, and this removes the oversize cursor. A workaround. I experience this problem too from time to time.

Sincerely,

Michael Sandel

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested solution works on my end: I am saving as PDF from Chrome, and not print to the Adobe PDF printer. If I still cannot select text in this newly created PDF I go to Scan & OCR => "Recognize Text in this file"

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the save as pdf and works however I found another way when this happens in redacting.

While ignoring the large flashing curor with your mouse as a + sign select the area you wish to redact and a shadow box will appear around it.

Next select redact Text & Images and draw over that same area. (You will not see the first shadow box).

Next select apply redaction and select ok and area will be blacked out. 

Save accordingly. Hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is clearly driver-related and swapping to a different pdf driver fully resolved the issue. My problem occurred when I used Windows 10 (control-p) to print a document, and it selected the pdf system driver default. Select another pdf "printer" in the print dialog and all iswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Print Settings where you choose the Printer, uncheck Shrink oversized pages and check actual size.

It workeed for me. Hope it helps

Efrain2407285271zs_0-1650167481137.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some experiments, the problem appears only in documents that were saved as an Adobe PDF. When I print as a generic PDF and not as an "Adobe Pdf," the cursor was normal again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines