• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revert back to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2021.001.20140

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a few users that have inadvertantly updated their Acrobat  DC reader to 21.005.200048.

This is causing a system issue. I'd like to get them back to 2021.001.20140.

Is this possible? 

Regards

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Hi There,

This is resolved. Here's the link I found via the Siemens GTAC support site:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-kb5004760-emergency-update-fixes-pdf-opening-issue/

Thanks for  your time earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know (I don't work for Adobe) only the current version is available to download

Reader downloads https://get.adobe.com/reader or try https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Download & Install to Acrobat Reader.]

An incremental update should not cause system problems.  What issue(s) are you having exactly?  Please be specific.

Operating system, etc...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

Our Teamcenter users using version 21.005.200048 are unable to view pdf's inside Teamcenter. Users on 2021.001.20140 don't have an issue.

I manager to find an earlier version from last year on the ftp site, 2001320064 and I'm going to try this. I'd prefer to test with the same build for all of our users however.

All of us are on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

Please try to repair the installation of Acrobat/Reader DC (Win Only) from the help menu and reboot the computer once.

If it doesn't work, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only). Go to Edit > preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' Turn Off the protected mode and Uncheck 'Enhanced Security' Click OK and reboot the computer once.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If turning off the security works for you , please try to add the file and folder path to Adobe Acrobat. Go to Edit > preferences > Enhanced Security > Add File and Add Folder path > Click OK and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We've tried to repair the installations with no success. We'd like to try and revert back to the previous version (2021.001.20140) as discussed in the first post.

Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

This is resolved. Here's the link I found via the Siemens GTAC support site:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-kb5004760-emergency-update-fixes-pdf-open...

Thanks for  your time earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines