• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounded edges on gestures on annotations after adobe update

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have a PDF form where we have a few ink annotations that are programmatically added via javascript a based on a save trigger.  I noticed after one of the recent adobe upgrades that the edges are now rounded which is causing a problem with some of our systems that read the documents.  Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix? 

Current/post-upgrade:

Capture.PNG

Previous/pre-upgrade:

Capture_prev.PNG

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Benjamin27075656e2it,

Hope you are doing well Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader.

Would you mind sharing the script used or the sample file for us to try and reproduce the issue at our end?

Also, can you check with the web version of Acrobat if the file opens fine there: https://acrobat.adobe.com/

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik - thank you for following up.  I posted the same question on the acrobat pro forum and received responses confirming that the default line endings on ink annotation gestures changed in one of the recent versions of adobe acrobat.  See link below for the other post.  I'm not sure if it is configurable to control whether they are rounded or flat via javascript.  If there is a way to control this, could you please let me know?  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/rounded-edges-on-gestures-on-ink-annotations-afte... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Benjamin27075656e2it,

Is the issue specific to a PDF file, or do you face the same problem with all the files having the script?

If with all the files, can you please share a screen recording of the workflow, a sample file for us to try and reproduce the issue at our end so we can forward this information to the team for further investigation?

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Don't Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines