Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run in AppContainer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Recently i noticed that the checbox "Run in AppContainer" has disappeared from the Preferences.

I need activate this for compatibility with another app, but i can't find how.

Windows version is 19043.1110

Reader version is 2021.005.20058

Any suggestion will be apreciated.

Note: sorry for my english.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Hi defaultbz5ewe2gjt0a ,

1. Please ensure that "Protected Mode" checkbox is checked. (Edit >> Preferences >> Security (Enhanced) >> Enable Protected Mode). 
  2.  As a workaround, you may enable the preference via registry : 
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\(productname)\(version)\FeatureLockdown
     REG_DWORD  bEnableProtectedModeAppContainer = 1
    1. Are you running Adobe Reader is Windows 7 compatibility mode? To check this, right-click on Acrobat Reader's icon >> Properties >> Compatibility >>  Run

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Could you please confirm if the option was removed after updating the application?

Did you try reinstalling the application? 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The option has dissapeared from one day to another, not after a update.

I try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall. No luck.

I try to uninstall, reboot, use AdobeAcroCleaner, reboot and reinstall. No luck.

No further actions.

Tanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultbz5ewe2gjt0a ,

1. Please ensure that "Protected Mode" checkbox is checked. (Edit >> Preferences >> Security (Enhanced) >> Enable Protected Mode). 
  2.  As a workaround, you may enable the preference via registry : 
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\(productname)\(version)\FeatureLockdown
     REG_DWORD  bEnableProtectedModeAppContainer = 1
    1. Are you running Adobe Reader is Windows 7 compatibility mode? To check this, right-click on Acrobat Reader's icon >> Properties >> Compatibility >>  Run this program in compatibility mode for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works!!

I want to thank you for your valuable help. I really appreciate your efforts to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Having the same issue here as well all of a sudden. Problem is that in your instructions, I have NO idea what or where you are referencing? If you're talking about settings in the Adobe Acrobat app... I can't access those if I can't open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In File explorer, navigate to the Acrobat.exe or AcroRdr.exe, right-click Properties.

Tab: Compatibility.  Some old installations being updated-over repeatedly, have kept the Windows 7 compatibility flag.  Newer installations do not have any compatibility settings for these EXEs

And thanks, @Shagufta for pointing to the compatibility settings issue - we have been scratching our heads for weeks trying to understand what was different about some installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just downloaded Acrobat 64bit

Files don't open by themselves. I must first open program as administator then find file and open it. Is there an easier and less time consuming way? Like clicking on file to open?

Thanks, joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines