• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving MS Word as Adobe PDF no longer working

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved MS Word docs a Adobe PDF for many years without having any paid Adobe subscription.  15 months ago I took out an Acrobat Pro subscription, but recently (because of under-use) I switched over to Audition.  Now I can no longer use the Save as PDF function in Word (Desktop version 10).  It seems that removing my Pro privileges also removed a feature that had been available to me for previous years.  How can I get this functionality reinstated?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word has a built-in command to save a Word file as a PDF, which is not related to Adobe. It doesn't start when you get Acrobat, nor should it disappear when you stop having it. If this function no longer appears or works, it's an issue with Word, so you should try asking in a Microsoft forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Just to clarify, the Save as Adobe PDF option still appears in
the Word menu, but instead of actually saving the file, it brings up an an
Adobe screen inviting me to subscribe to Acrobat Pro - and this started
happening immediately after my acrobat Pro subscription was changed to
Audition which seems unlikely to have been the result of MS actions. Is
there some convert plugin file switched when Pro is being removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use: File - Save As, then change the file-type to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John27457153rhev wrote:

I saved MS Word docs a Adobe PDF for many years without having any paid Adobe subscription.  15 months ago I took out an Acrobat Pro subscription, but recently (because of under-use) I switched over to Audition.  Now I can no longer use the Save as PDF function in Word (Desktop version 10).  It seems that removing my Pro privileges also removed a feature that had been available to me for previous years.  How can I get this functionality reinstated?

You can get the functionality reinstated by either subscribing to Acrobat Pro DC or purchasing a perpetual license to Acrobat Pro 2020. (Scroll down in this link if needed.)

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html#category=pdf

Adobe created PDF, then gave away it away and it is now owned by an ISO. Microsoft Word can make Adobe PDFs, which are more functional, or Microsoft PDFs (which are less functional). You need to have Adobe Acrobat installed to make an Adobe PDF.

Adobe PDFs from Microsoft Word include links from the ToC, index, and hyperlinks; bookmarks from the heading styles; notes converted to comments, and more.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

I came across your query because I was having the same problem. Just in case you haven't solved it, I discovered that my trial version of Acrobat Pro had inserted Add-ins to Word, so the conversion process kept looking for the Acrobat Pro program to do the conversion.  Removing the add-ins did the trick and I can now convert as before.  In Word, File > Options > Add-Ins, At the bottom of the Word Options dialogue box, select Manage "COM Add-ins", click Go. In the COM Add-ins screen which pops up, uncheck Acrobat to disable the Add-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines