Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search engine slow to load

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm using Acrobat Pro DC (university install). Everytime I launch the search engine (using ctrl F) it takes a VERY long time to load (around one minute). The app also becomes unresponsive during that time and may even crash (if I become impatient and start clicking to "wake it" 🙂 ).
Once it has loaded it works flawlessly and lightening fast, but loading and waiting is a real pain.
So what's wrong with my install?
(running updated W10Pro on a high-end computer only 2 months old, with no other issue)
Thanks!
Alain

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Hello Amal

I did as you instructed.

Version installed is the latest

Does happen with any and all pdf

So I followed instructions to reset my preferences. Removed the folder, tried again restarted Acrobat), same issue. Then, out of the blue, Idecided to reboot, and boum! problem fixed (I had restarted before of course). Then I decided to further test this and replaced the preferences folder in its original location, lauched a freash Acrobat, and it is still problem free!

So, in short, I have no idea wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alain

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, search engine is slow to load.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer first and then open it with Acrobat Reader DC and check.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal

I did as you instructed.

Version installed is the latest

Does happen with any and all pdf

So I followed instructions to reset my preferences. Removed the folder, tried again restarted Acrobat), same issue. Then, out of the blue, Idecided to reboot, and boum! problem fixed (I had restarted before of course). Then I decided to further test this and replaced the preferences folder in its original location, lauched a freash Acrobat, and it is still problem free!

So, in short, I have no idea what I did that fixed it, but it is fixed and now works great.

Thanks! 🙂
Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I also restarted after replacing the folder of course.
ap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines