• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search results in different paragraphs get stuffed into 1 line in Full Acrobat Search

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in the screenshot (sample), I have keywords which belongs to different paragraphs but got stuff into 1 line when I try to search and navigate to it in "Full Acrobat Search" screen. 

In this sample, it's just some words in a group, but in the real document (*), which is some kind of blueprint, those keyword from multiple locations on a page got stuffed to oneline, so I can not double click to "jump" to the location of the keyword. 

Is this an issue? Is there any way for me to show those keywords from multiple paragraphs as different lines? 

Or this is a feature and I must live with it? 

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ver 2020.012.20043 on Windows 10 Pro ver 21H1 

Long22023029as1l_0-1638458268187.png

(*) I can't post real document here

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described, search results in different paragraphs get stuffed into 1 line in Full Acrobat Search

We see that you have quite an old version of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, please update the application to the recent version 21.07.20099 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once.

Let us know if you still experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal for you reply 

I've upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2021.007.20091 and the issue still occured. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please update the applucation to the recent version 21.07.20099, you may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Also try to create a new test user ptofile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 
Thanks for your replies, 

I've created a new Windows User with Administratives Priviledge, 

The issue still occurs after install ver 21.07.20099 from https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an error. PDF files don't have a concept of a "paragraph". They just have text streams, placed in different locations on the page. Acrobat extracts the context of the match for your search term (ie. the text streams nearest to it in the internal structure of the file) and displays it in the results window, regardless of where it's located on the page in relation to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. In my opinion, this is an error.
If there are >2 same keywords in the PDF. I would like to search them seperately to find the position of each one & Adobe Reader has grouped them in only one line in the search result. (not happened in any other PDF Readers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file in question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just create a very simple file for testing. Please refer the attached file.

When I search a "Test" keyword in Adobe Reader, The result is only one. I cannot move to the previous/next "Test" keyword. It's completely OK in other PDF Readers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines