• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending PDF via attachment

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason...on my macbook air...I can no longer click the email button to send an attachment.

After it asks for default account (mail)...I get an error message from Adobe.

Do I need to ALLOW access to mail account somewhere?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Hi Danb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, what is the error message you are getting while sending a PDF file as an email attachment using Adobe Reader? Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error you get? To post a screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Rea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, what is the error message you are getting while sending a PDF file as an email attachment using Adobe Reader? Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error you get? To post a screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Refer and try the suggestion from the following help article and see if that resolves the issue Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

You may also refer to How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Are you on Mac or Windows machine and what is the version installed?

What is the version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I am still unable to send an attachment after I sign it. Error message says “Adobe Acrobat is unable to execute the request.”

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I am still having the same issue. If I sign a document with my signature…I am not able to attach it to an email. The “email” box on MacBook is greyed out….

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am still having a problem.  I am unable to send a PDF as an attachment.

I get the error message “an error occurred while trying to create a mail document”.

I am using MacBook Air with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave.  Mac Mail is my default email provider.

Please help.  My phone is {Personal info removed by Mod: phone number} if we can do a log me in session.  The options in your suggestions are for OUTLOOK…not MacMail.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dan,

We've replied back to your new thread, please see the suggestion An error occurred while trying to create a mail document

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Appreciate the reply.

These solutions did not solve my problem unfortunately.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. I’ve replied with clarification. The suggestions don’t apply to me. I am using Mac Mail. Not outlook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the error message I get when I try send a PDF document via email through Adobe (version 2021.07.20099)

Adobe error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  It was fine last week - now it won't work..  Geniuses "fixed" it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines