Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign in prompt when opening pdf file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am seeing for multiple users that have latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC that every time when trying to open a pdf file the Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt pops up, please let me know if there is any option to not get this sign in prompt or is this a mandatory feature to be able to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

the environment is mix of Windows 7, Windows 10 and few Macs High Sierra and Mojave  The Adobe sign in prompt is only coming up for few folks, the others like myself can open pdf file without being prompted to sign in

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hello Furqangraham,

Adobe Reader does not ask for a force sign-in to read PDF files. However we recently signed-out users with un-verified Adobe IDs.

For such users, we show a sign-in prompt when they launch the application, to let them know that they have been signed out and they can sign back again. This is not a force sign-in. The red-cross button on the top-left should make the sign-in dialog go away.

Ask the users to download the latest version of Adobe Reader 2019.008.20074 from help>check fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is it possible to Remove the sighin option for the Adobe Acrobat reader on mac computer, if yes could you please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is possible but only with Creative Cloud for Enterprise (I may be wrong).

See how to here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe makes the simple action of reading a PDF a royal pain in the ass. I have replaced adobe at home with freeware that does the job better, faster with a program size a tenth of the size. Unfortuantely the office uses Adobe bloatware and I am forced to deal with your Adobe account and signin that I dont want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you.  THey keep insinuating themselves into everything trying to get you to buy a plan.  Like you, all I want is a reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not quite. When i close login window clicking the red cross the document (pdf) is closed along with the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Pain in the ass. Looking for some alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines