• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slow open large pdf files form ifs

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening, I have a large pdf file cica 10 mb, if I open it from as400 ifs with Adobe Reader it opens the first page with difficulty, the second page freezes completely.

If, to open the page, I use google chrome, the page opens immediately

If I open the same pdf from a microsoft file server in the cloud, with adobe reader, the page opens immediately without delay.

Can you help me? Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you're doing well and sorry to hear that

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat reader you are using? to check the version go to help > about Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed go to help > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

What happens when you try to open the PDF files using Acrobat reader do you get any pop up message? if yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Please go to edit (windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > preferences > reading > Under Screen Reader option, Page Vs Document, Select 'Only Read the current visible pages' Click OK and reboot the computer once and check if that works.

Web browsers use their own PDF mechanism to render and display the PDF files and they are not adobe dependant.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Adobe Acrobat Pro. When I open a PDF of 40 MB, it is slow to load (or "not responding") then eventually loads, but then freezes again when going to the next page, etc. I've adjusted many of the Acrobate preference settings per online advice (and above) to no avail. Is it possilbe that a my brand new computer with 8GB Memory / 512GB SSD cannot run a file of this size? (however, like the orignial poster, I can view the same PDF very smoothly with web browser viewrs (Mozilla, MS Edge). Thanks!

These are architectural plans, with many layers and large format. I've always used Acrobat Pro to view/comment/markup on my past computers/laptops. This laptop is brand new as of yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I just tried to open the PDF again, and a window pops up that I've never seen before, that says "Please wait while the document is prepared for reading" ... and it takes several minutes to complete this process.

Again, I've selected the "read only visible pages" in the Reading prefrence, and deselected "enable enhanced security" in Secturity (Enhanced) preference, and deselected "enable hardware rendering for legacy video cards" in Multimedia & 3D preferences, and even deselected "show online storage when saving" files in General preferences (these suggestions I found down the rabbit hole before I came here).

Thanks again, George

Screenshot PDF problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat Pro twice (sorry for the extensive thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines