• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Started Getting Pop error message every time I open reader

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a pop error message saying access denied, but once I close it Reader works normally. How can I stop this annoying pop up?

Acrobat Error.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. AS described you are getting the pop up for access denied on the startup of the application and the application works well once you close the pop up.

Would you mind sharing the version of the OS and the application you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I'm using Windows 10. It is version 21.007.20099.61763

It does work from an Administrative Account but not a regular  user account.

Thanks,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I also tried moving the Preferences Folder but it didn't make a difference.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOrry to overload you Amal,

But when I try to sign into my account I get Access Denied before I can even enter my user information.

Also, when I got rid of the preferences video, the rror window still popped up but never populated with wording. There was just a spinning circle. I don't know if that helps diagnose the problem.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. As described the application works well in a new user account with full admin rights and not in the regular user profile.

It seems to be some issue in the regular user profile, there isn't much that can be done, please try to repair the user profile and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean repair the user profile? There is no other problem that I can see except with Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. If its not working in the normal user profile, then this could be due to some restrictions or settings added.  Please check the user profile and add the Acrobat Reader process as exceptions. Also check if any security software installed on your machine is causing the issue.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try. But this only started happening recently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add it as an exception?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

please check for any securuty software installed on your machine causing the issue. If yes, please whitelist the Acrobat Reader application and see if that works for you.

You may also try  to turn off the security for testing purposes (Win Only) go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable security at startup', turn off the protected mode and uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines