• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop a Pop Up

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop the attached screen popping up about every 2nd time I open or use Adobe in a day (which is a lot!).  It didn't used to happen but is driving us mad in the office.

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susanl

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. 

The attached screenshot shows an empty recent list of Acrobat Reader application. Is the screen pop ups every now and then when you try to use the application or open the document? If yes,

What is the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks normal enough to me. What did you hope to see instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is normal I guess but how do I stop it popping up every time I open something in Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but I don't undertand the problem. (I'm not saying there isn't a problem!)

You open a file in Acrobat Reader - so presumably you expect to see Acrobat Reader. Presumably you do see the file you wanted to see.

Then what happens? This shows the "home" screen of Acrobat Reader, which you will see whenever it is running, but no document is open at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines