• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop messing and hacking with my computer

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I disable the mfing Acrobat Update service then leave the mfing Acrobar update sercice in the mfing disabled state. Don't hack into my computer and enable the mfing service as you please.

Adobe, it's not your mfing business what happens in my mfing computer.  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Language!

The update service is active by design. If you don't want it, you can't use Acrobat Reader. That simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is MUCH more than updating acrobat. I installed a Ransomware detector to see if anyone was trying to modify my system and EVERY DAY Acrobat is trying to install and or modify root level items. Why? Some of these look like spying attempts actually. I just terminated a process called "SearchDataCache" Why does Acrobat need to search my data? For what? I wasn't using Acrobat. I am henceforth logging, terminating, journaling and reporting all of these system interference scripts, until I get a suitable answer from Adobe.

If you need to update, tell me so. This is very suspicious behaviour on your part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your unobjective feedback! What has this to do with the initial topic? Correct, NOTHING!

If you unhappy with your software then call Adobe directly or use the feedback form (https://acrobat.uservoice.com/) but stop posting rubbish in various threads because you're upset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You obviously missed the point. It it is a DIRECT response to the OP's distress at how much Adobe messes with our systems with the constant updates. Further, that the problem is GREATER than the constant updates, as I demonstrated. This is not an opinion, this is not "rubbish", this interference at the root level is demonstrable, and was made visible only because of an overwatch software. The only other tool is Little Snitch, which ALSO saw unnecessary interference in our systems.

In addition. The response was not meant for you, it was meant for the OP. But I can see it touched a nerve. Good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same concerns and after having installed a Ransomware blocker that notifies me if anything, anyone or any app is modifying system files I get notified. Guess who is in my system SEVERAL TIMES A DAY!!! Acrobat. And is NOT updating. Latest script was "SearchDataCache." Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines