• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop RdrCEF.exe from running

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we have Citrix servers where Reader DC is installed.  I was spending time checking the processes running on the server and there were many, many instances of RdrCEF.exe running.  After doing some research on this process I'm still not clear on what it does.  Is it used for Reader updates?  Is it used for syncing cloud services?  Maybe both?  Different posts say different things.  Either way, we update Reader through other means and we do not need the cloud service, so we do not need or want RdrCEF running.  I've searched and searched, but cannot find anything about how to stop this process from running other than renaming the .exe file.

I saw this post below where other people were complaining about it on Citrix servers too, but there was nothing in there about stopping RdrCEF from running. 

RdrCEF high cpu usage

I have implemented these registry keys, but RdrCEF.exe still runs.  Am I missing other registry keys to stop the RdrCEF.exe from launching?  Is there anything else I can do, other than rename the .exe file?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]

"bUpdater"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cCloud]

"bAdobeSendPluginToggle"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cServices]

"bUpdater"=dword:00000000

"bToggleWebConnectors"=dword:00000001

"bTogglePrefsSync"=dword:00000001

"bToggleAdobeDocumentServices"=dword:00000001

"bToggleAdobeSign"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cSharePoint]

"bDisableSharePointFeatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cWebmailProfiles]

"bDisableWebmail"=dword:00000001

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, those processes are killing our RDP Servers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, its been 4 years and they fail to fix a glorified image file reader. 

I've remobed all possible adobe products from all our clients in the past 18 months and I don't ever plan on going back. The products are subpar, the support is subpar, the software simply goes backwards, its as if they are incapable of testing prior to a release. 

My clients would eat us alive if your software had these kinds of issues and we gave them poor replies and 4 year wait time on resolving an issue. 

And sorry Adobie individuals, its not your fault your company is failing you and its clients. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for us.  

Renaming did cause side effects for our users.

It's killing our Citrix/RDS desktops.  Even beating IE to top spot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on this issue. I am too experiencing high CPU consumption which is killing RDS servers. Spending a heck of a lot of money in beefing up Azure VMs to handle the CPU consumption issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless they need to open PDFs I would advise removing the software for reader. 

Even if they do need PDFs on that device, there are better software to use for them that dont bloat your servers and computers. 

Adobe's number 1 reply is to just about any issue with their poorly written software, "thats not an issue its a feature, it should be like that. Oh it impacts your environement, maybe you should change your environment."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you able to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG!

Cannot beleive after so many years the problem still stays and not a word from Adobe!

I have 25+ processes running on my RDP server, its really sad. 

With every release Adobe keeps touching new bottom.

Adobe Team - any update/ideas how to stop using Adobe solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines