• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LOCKED] Stop Updater, Notifications, and Adobe Reader/manager from starting up with windows

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to stop CC from starting at start up but there are still so many Adobe apps running at start up and creating a huge lag!

• Adobe Updater
  • Notifications for Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Adobe Reader and Manager

Please help. I've unchecked everything in Creative Cloud but these services still launch at start up!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

FYI You need to uncheck all the settings in all the Adobe Programs including CC, that say "Start at Start up" and also "Keep updated" or "check for updates" or any of that nonsense. I did that and my computer is back to booting up in about 5 seconds!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So shut them down. this is done in different ways depending on the OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable non-essential processes at the OS level.

Which operating system do you use?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable a program in Windows startup
-Right click the 'window pane' in the very bottom left corner of the Windows desktop
-Select Task Manager in the pop up option window
-Click More details if you don't see startup
-Select the Startup tab inside Task Manager
-Select the program you want to disable
-Click Disable in the bottom right corner
-BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU DISABLE SO YOU DON'T STOP WINDOWS FROM RUNNING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this help. I mean that I want them to never stop running at all. It takes forever to get Task Manager to even start up and the memory usage is so high because not only are all those Adobe proccesess running, but my virus checker is checking them and my cleanup and optimizer tools are trying to contain them! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good heavens.  Disable real-time anti-virus scanning.   You don't need that running constantly.  It's a huge drain on computer resources and memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Thanks. But first I would like to stop the Adobe Updater, please. Today my desktop image and loaded and nothing else. When I finally got task Manager to open (About 5 minutes of staring at my desktop image), I closed Adobe Updater. The instant I did that, I heard the windows start-up sound, all my desktop icons, appeared, and everything was up and running.

I appreciate all your help on other matters, but I don't want Adobe Updater running and I wish someone who knew how to stop it would answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Good Heavens"??  Not everyone is as tech savvy as you appear to be.  Please be nicer or don't reply at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Good Heavens"??  Not everyone is as tech savvy as you appear to be.  Please be nicer or don't reply at all!

By @Scott273050335z98

==========

@Scott273050335z98,

Do you need help with something??  Please start a new topic.  This 3 year old question was already correctly answered in 2019.   No further remarks required.

Before posting, I invite you to read the Adobe Support Community Guidelines below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Have a nice day.

[Discussion locked by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above about the Real Time AV scanning. And IMHO you have way to much stuff running on your system and not just Adobe stuff.

I have basically the same number of Adobe stuff starting with my system and it runs fine. I don't use an AV program, haven't for many years (Don't need it as I don't do stupid stuff on my computer) and the one cleaner system I use, CCleaner, I set to never start with the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Thanks. But first I would like to stop the Adobe Updater, please.

I have almost nothing running at start up except Avast and iCloud which I need because of the nature of my work. I have uninstalled so many apps you wouldn't believe it to stop them from starting up. The one that I really don't want or need and that is clearly slowing everything down is: Adobe Updater. I'll look into Avast but I really want to stop this unneeded program. 

Today my desktop image and loaded and nothing else. When I finally got task Manager to open (About 5 minutes of staring at my desktop image), I closed Adobe Updater. The instant I did that, I heard the windows start-up sound, all my desktop icons, appeared, and everything was up and running. So I'm pretty sure Adobe Updater is a serious problem,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was this discussion moved to the Acrobat Reader forum?

Please move it back to the Get Started forum. Although the question asks about some Acrobat stuff it is not totally about Acrobat, Reader of Full Blown DC version.

It is About getting the computer to run faster by shutting down Adobe Not Neeeded processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked:

Why was this discussion moved to the Acrobat Reader forum?

I find it quite useful here.  If you find it inconvenient please look elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI You need to uncheck all the settings in all the Adobe Programs including CC, that say "Start at Start up" and also "Keep updated" or "check for updates" or any of that nonsense. I did that and my computer is back to booting up in about 5 seconds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also everything on my computer works better. It even wakes up from sleep faster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is "Start at Start up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines