• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly not able to save in Adobe Reader DC and existing PDF docs changed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello been using this product for years and first time ever with issue. Suddenly I'm not able to save in Adobe Reader DC, such as just saving to my computer from receiving a PDF document by email for example. The "Save file" icon in the upper left has become disabled, as is the "Save" option in the File drop down menu. Also all of my existing PDF's have sort of disappeared (they are still there but no longer as PDF). I've tried a few things such as "repair" and "uninstall/install" Adobe Reader DC from control panel, and restarting computer but these did not work. I'm on Acer desktop with Windows 10. Any help? Thank you. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved! My computer settings had changed somehow so that it was instructing to open Adobe documents with Firefox. Changed it back to "open with Adobe" on Properties / General by right clicking on a document icon. Very big thank you to Adobe rep who helped me by phone call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Paul PCD 

We appreciate your reply to confirm that your issue is now resolved. 

Let us know if you need any more help.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines