• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suppress welcome screen in Xenapp 7.15

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have applications that run in a Xenapp environment that open Adobe reader on the Xenapop servers.

Because the user profile gets removed when they close their session, each time they open the app, Adobe displays the welcom screen.

I've tried setting the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cWelcomeScreen\bSHowWelcomeScreen that has been suggested in some posts but that does not resolve the issue.

Setting the HKCU key isn't an option as the user profile is removed after each session.

There must be some way to prevernt the welcome screen from displaying across all users.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

@Brian250783624mv5 

Hi,

I have found a link for lockdown keys or Lockable settings for Acrobat, which involves disabling the welcome screen.

Let me know if this works for you: Lockable Settings (adobe.com)

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

@Brian250783624mv5 Hi,

Thank you for taking the time and letting me know that it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brian,

I hope you are doing well. As per the above description, I understand that you want to suppress the welcome screen for Acrobat.

I have found a few community posts that might be of some help. Please have a visit and let me know if it helps:

Acrobat DC Welcome screen     

How do you get rid of the popup screen you your n.

Regards,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik,

Thanks for the reply.

I have read the links you provided. They both reference fixes by updating the registry in HKCU\Software\Adobe...

Because the user profiles get removed when users close the apps, they get a fresh profile the next time they start the app. At that time, there are no HKCU\Software\Adobe... registry entries until the app invokes Adobe reader so they get the welcome screen.

Any other suggestions?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Brian250783624mv5 

Hi,

I have found a link for lockdown keys or Lockable settings for Acrobat, which involves disabling the welcome screen.

Let me know if this works for you: Lockable Settings (adobe.com)

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Souvik,

Setting the bToggleFTE dword to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown looks to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Brian250783624mv5 Hi,

Thank you for taking the time and letting me know that it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines