• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Chinese characters cannot print out.

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF Version: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Latest version)

Printer: HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g (Latest Driver)

All content is shown on the screen normally, but when I try to print out the file, some of the Chinese characters cannot be shown on the paper. I did try to print the same file on my iPhone, it displayed all words successfully. Do anyone has seen this problem before?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Mac , Print , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Can you share us a sample file; which could help us to identify the font which is not able to print.

Please use the above attach button to add the file; or add a drive or cloud public link for the file.

There are several font(s) which aren't in some case(s) printable with high quality so we just need to check the same at our end. The file for which the same is occuring can help us identify if there is an issue.

Also, as a workaround you can use "Print as Image" option to get the printing as expected as of now.
Print button >> Advanced >> Print as Image >> OK button >> Print

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

I have uploaded the file in the path below,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Mc-O7uh4GVrP_WdC4S-izEfjMLygxqE/view?usp=sharing

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes just by updating to new version of Adobe Acrobat resolves this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already updated to the latest version, .no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an idea for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and i'm on the latest version of everything...it's mystifying to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a DocuPrint M118W. Preview no issues, but when I actually print, some Chinese characters are just missing. I'm using the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC (2021.005.20058). I also updated the printer driver and my MacOS is on version 15.2.

Printing the file as an image, all is fine. Printing the same PDF using MacOS's own preview, all is fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have the same issue. Acrobat Pro. I have a document with mixed Chinese & English content. All the Enlish content prints fine, but the Chinese character go missing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines