Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The specified module was not found.

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice day!

I got to solve the problem, unfortunately I have quite a bit of information and I don't know what to catch.

A PDF document is generated in a certain information system (using PDFSharp) and then displayed to this system. Accidentally, on some computers, this stops working, and an error occurs when trying to view: EOleSysError: The specified module was not found. Reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader DC will always resolve the error.

I understand that based on this, you will not advise me how to solve the error, but please direct me on what to focus on - what module to look for. Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you've mentioned about "module", I assume this is happening in a Microsoft Windows 10 computer? A missing .dll that needs to be re-registered in the appropriate folder perhaps?

And since PDFSharp is an open source software, I assume that you don't have a paid subscription of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Since PDFSharp libraries doesn't require nor interact with Adobe Acrobat, I also assume the users are trying to view the generated PDF with a web browser? Adobe Reader DC? or any other PDF viewers?

Maybe you need to go to the PDFSharp support forum site and ask the same question there:

http://forum.pdfsharp.net/

Seems like the computers that are having the issue are missing updated C+ libraries or Microsoft .Net redistributables.

If this is related on how to invoke the rendering of a PDF in Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC from the PDFSharp program, I honestly can't see how can we help you here. But you can try and repair the Adobe Reader DC or Acrobat Pro installation if those are the programs that those computers have installed.

Im any case, You must contact PDFSharp support directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Yes, this is Windows, so far we are seeing it in version 8.1 Pro. I don't think this is a PDFSharp issue. PDF files are created, I can view them from another PC. The problem is with its display directly in the information system, which in some way unknown to me calls Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe changing the default PDF viewer from Reader DC to the desired program in the MS Windows computer  can do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC is the required viewer and it is set by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is set by default by the PDFSharp software? like hardcoded as the default PDF rendering software by PDFSharp?

If that would be the case, what happens if you force a manual update of  the PDFSharp software?

If, on the other hand, Adobe Reader DC is set by default by the MS Windows operating system, that certainly can be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, why should he? It is not even installed there. I wrote only for completeness that he created a PDF file.

Reader DC is installed everywhere, which our information system uses, or some of its modules for displaying PDF directly inside this information system (it will not open at all in a separate Reader DC window).

The question is what module it can call and what could cause it not to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to collect some crash logs in order to root out the real issue.

There are ways of re-registering all .dll's , or manually forcing updates of the operating system, or reinstalling and updating all dependencies, like  .Net and C# redistributables. But without a crash log to examine all of these methods is just stabbing in the dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I also don't think I can come up with anything without the programmers' comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message EOleSysError is unusual. It is not an Acrobat error, it comes from Windows, and is related to the registry, to permissions and security. You mention you are running Acrobat 8 Pro on Windows 10? If so, it is not surprising, we would expect all sorts of problems with this setup (15 year old app on current Windows). Does it happen with the current version (DC)?

(Warning: do not try reinstalling Acrobat 8 !! It can no longer be activated, so you may lose it forever!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's the latest free reader on Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem happens in Adobe Reader DC and not in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Maybe it is safe to assume that there's an action or a privileged context function that the PDFSharp is producing (or an additional code that the developers added to the resulting PDF)?

If you can test this scenario on a computer with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, then we may be able to rule out if this issue is happening due to a feature (or a function) that is not supported at all in Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDFSharp really has nothing to do with it. We have another PDF created there, and it happens.

I would also like to emphasize that this fix only happens when calling Reader through our information system. When opening a PDF directly from Windows, everything works without problems.

Repair is also possible via Help - Repair Acrobat Installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines