• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was an error opening this document, the file can not be accessed by the system

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer did an update and now, the pdf files that were on my computer prior will not open, I get this message: there was an error opening this document.  the file can not be accessed by the system?? Does any one know how to correct this? I need my files to open. New files that I save as a pdf opens. Very strange

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shanelm,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please try disabling protected mode at startup (if using Reader to view pdfs) and check if that resolves the issue. Launch Reader > click Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced)  > uncheck the box next to enable protected mode at startup, click OK > relaunch Reader and try again.

For more info on protected mode, please refer to this KB doc: Protected Mode troubleshooting | Adobe Reader

Note: Disabling protected mode is for troubleshooting purpose only, enable protected mode when troubleshooting is complete.

Feel free to update this discussion if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines