• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

this program is a scam

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the adobe cloud program which i have been using for over 8 years has corrupted a very important file that is now detremental to my career.  That pdf was my lifes hardwork for years.  It was backed up and daved on the adobe cloud and now it is gone! it is not opening because adobe claims that the megadata has been corrupt and in stead of finding a soultion for me they told me i have to upgrade to pro and pay for it....why would i pay for a program that ruined my career DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

We are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience so far. 

Please confirm the current version of Adobe Acrobat and OS you are working with. Also, is it a specific file that you have been trying to open from/within Adobe Acrobat or all the files have been corrupted? 

Files from Adobe Cloud doesn't get deleted automatically. Make sure you are signed in with the right email you have used to save it initially. 

Login on web and see if you can find the original one:

If was saved on Adobe Cloud then access this link: https://assets.adobe.com/files 

For Adobe Document Cloud storage: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you read correctly, i said the file is there but the program is saying it went corrupt out of the blue.  It was working the same day, and after i updated my laptop the program claimed the file to be corrupt.  NOBODY from adobe has helped thus far.  Instead i get asked to pay for an upgrade.  Knowing you have affected someones career and education this bad, you would think adobe would care to resolve the matter but they only care about money.  And my file is still in adobe cloud document but thank you for sending me a link to the same cloud document that i have been accessing over and over again to see if adobe has fixed the file.  Thank you for nothing again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Adobe Acrobat Pro are you using?

And what is your operating system?

Can you please provide a screenshot of the exact error you get?

Also, did you go online and sign in to the Document Cloud in a web browser?

If yes, in which web browser? 

And did you tried opening the PDF in the web browser instead of Adobe Acrobat?

Maybe, you can download and install Adobe Reader DC (if you haven't done so yet) and check if you're able to open this PDF in Adobe Reader DC instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am not using pro i am using adobe Reader DC 

I am using a macbook air: macOS BIG SUR

the error message says: an error was encountered while processing the file.  Some feature might not work

i have opened it on my laptop and on google chrome 

i have tried to redownload and still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also opened this file using mac Preview ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is so important why did you only keep one copy of it? You should always have at least one copy on a cloud and one physical copy.

Also, if you're using Reader that means the file was created elsewhere, as Reader can't create files, so why not go back to the original version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because im constantly adding annotations to the file so every half an hour there are annotations added to that file that i add on to the pdf so i would aways have it saved on adobe cloud.  Please dont try to undermine what happened by pointing fingers at me you dont need to reply if you dont want to help. Much appreciated. Its not the pdf i care for its the annotations that i have added to the pdf that is important to me. Which disappeared along with this file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to point fingers at you, but you started off by saying the program is a "scam", and then continued to say that you've used it for 8 years until this issue happened... I would understand the feeling if it happened to the first file you worked on, but after 8 years?? That's hyperbole, if I ever heard one.

And yes, it is your responsibility to make sure you have backups (plural) of such an important file, including all the comments you've added to it. That's not to justify or give excuses to the error that happened that caused you to lose it, but you can't put all the blame on someone else. All Systems Fail and we have to be aware of that and take it into account, especially when working on very important files.

If you came out and criticized Adobe DC for not keeping older versions of the files you upload to it (like Google Drive does) I would 100% agree with you. But saying it is a scam is just false.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i provided details as to how long i have been using the program.  I am a medical student so i completely understand what a hyperbole is and i do understand when i am being patronized.  So im gonna leave it at that and never come back to the community wall to ask for help.  Yes i understand i said this program is a scam because it was the program itself that corrupted my file.  But i really dont have the time to go around in circles and play in defense mode.  last time i checked we were in america where you should be sympathizing with the customer not pointed fingers at them and for the millionth time i did save the file on adobe cloud.  The reason i used adobe because they have their own cloud for backups.  It disappeared on the cloud.  So stop saying i didnt back it up or save it.  Anyways i do not need anyones help any longer.  Learned my lesson.  Adobe community wall was def a horrible experiance.  Thank you everyone for that! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You run out of gas on the highway and ask others not to buy the same brand of car because it breaks down.

This is not serious.

If you have not made a backup of this important document, you can only blame yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please stop replying resepectfully. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't make backups, don't expect much sympathy. There is of course no need for us to take the time to point this out, and you may not welcome the reply, but some of us feel strongly that if someone has a  problem and doesn't back up, then they are the author of their own misfortune. Nobody should ever lose more than a days work, when the inevitable happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow i did not ask for sympathy. so please keep unnecessary comments to yourself people.  at "Test Screen Name and JR BOULAY" please stop replying to this thread. Last thing i want is to be bashed for something i did not intentionally do.  IT WAS BACKED UP ON ADOBE CLOUD i had saved it before it vanished so please keep your blame game to yourself.  It says to be kind and respectful on adobe communinty wall and you two have been anything but that so before i report you leave.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still confused with why the Adobe Customer Support suggested to you to upgrade to Acrobat Pro DC.

First of all, There is no such thing as upgrading from Reader DC to Acrobat Pro.

See Adobe Helpx guidance on Frequently Asked Questions here:

Sepecifically this part:

• "No. Acrobat Reader DC is a free, stand-alone application that you can use to open, view, sign, print, annotate, search, and share PDF files. Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Standard DC are paid products that are part of the same family. Apr 27, 2021"

It would make sense to me if you had an old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Adobe Customer Support suggested to you to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in order to have access to the Document Cloud and share documents, like in your case, a PDF with annotations.

If that would be the case, did you used to work with an old version of Adobe Acrobat Reader prior to the DC version?

The second detail that baffles me about Customer Support suggestion is, how come does enrolling in a paid subscription of Acrobat Pro DC would resolve the issue of repairing a file that is sitting in the Document Cloud with a corrupt XML metadata?

Then again, assuming that you had an old version of Adobe Reader, did you just upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC recently, and upon uploading (or sharing) the file to the Document Cloud, the file became corrupt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. That advice doesn't make sense and upgrading (or switching over to Acrobat) would not solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's because Adobe do not offer support for free software at all. Maybe they were really saying "if you had a paid product we could talk to you. If you don't pay we can't and won't look at your problem". Which is fair enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't find it fair at all. They should just say "Sorry, this can't be solved".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If paying acrobat to resolve the issue to get my file back  i would do it no problem but how is upgrading going to help bring uncorrupt my pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hence why i was more upset and frustrated even asking for help they started off with pay for pro first than we can help via chat or phone or else go to the community wall which to be honest was worse 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case you can send me your document privatly if you want me to check if Acrobat Pro DC can repair it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its okey i will find help elsewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines