• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfering signature to new computer: export=.cer, .fdf, .p7c import only .p12, .pfx

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to transfer my signature from Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my old computer to a new one.

I am following instructions described in another post:

1.  On the old computer, pull down Edit - Preferences

2. In the Categories list, select Signatures

3. in Identies & Trusted Certificates, click the MORE button

4. a dialog opens and Digital IDs is highlighted. Select the signature in the right side of the dialog and click the EXPORT button at the top

5.  a dialog appears.  Choose "Save the data to a file" and click NEXT

6.  Select a location for the file.  Select the "Save as type" has 3 choices: *.fdf  *.p7c  *.cer

7.  On the new computer navigate to the same screen and click the Add Digital ID button

8. a dialog appears.  Select "My existing digital ID from:" and select "A file" and click NEXT

9. Click the Browse button.  It only displays *.p12  and  *.pfx  files.  Also it is expecting a password on the file, yet no password was set when the file was created.

Please clarify this process for moving signatures from one computer to another.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the .pfx files of the old computer. On Windows you will find the files at:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI this does not work if you are trying to transfer a "Windows Digital ID"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dhabz

Where you able to transfer the signature. It is not working for me. I am trying to transfer my digital signature from my laptop to my desktop and no success. When I export my signature from my laptop it gives me three options (*fdf), (*.p7c) and (*.cer). I tried all three options and when adding the digital signature in my desktop the only options are (*.p12, or *.pfx). 

How do I export and import my signature to a different device? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see the .pfx files. See attached screenshot. Screenshot 2021-12-13 141437.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines