• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off Adobe reader notifications to upgrade to Acrobat

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very expensive subscription for Adobe Acrobat DC Pro on one computer. I have Adobe Reader on my other computer (two computers total). I get notifications on the Reader computer that I should upgrade to my Pro license. 

But when I do that, the person using the other computer cannot use Pro. 

I have reverted to Reader. 

My question is:   How to I turn OFF the notifications to upgrade to Adobe Pro on my other computer. 

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Hi Cantorternary

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.  Individual Acrobat DC license lets you install Acrobat on more than one computer and activate (sign in) on up to two computers. However, you can use Acrobat on only one computer at a time.

To turn off the notifications on your computer please try the following steps:

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show me messages when i launch Adobe Acrobat Reader' Under messages from Adobe. >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cantorternary

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.  Individual Acrobat DC license lets you install Acrobat on more than one computer and activate (sign in) on up to two computers. However, you can use Acrobat on only one computer at a time.

To turn off the notifications on your computer please try the following steps:

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show me messages when i launch Adobe Acrobat Reader' Under messages from Adobe. > Click OK and reboot the application.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no "other person". If I understand this rightly, it is your subscription but you let someone else use it? If so, this is forbidden by the license terms: it may not be shared with friends, family, colleagues, staff or students.

If on the other hand, both computers are used only by you, then you can run Acrobat Pro on both, but not at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines