Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Acrobat Reader on Windows 7 SP1

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm facing a lot of trouble installing Acrobat Reader on my Windows 7 SP1 PC. For a few months updates have been failing, so I had the bright idea of uninstalling Reader and doing a fresh download and install. That was 12 hours ago 😞

1. First, the standard installer failed and kept giving me the error "Newer Version already installed". So, I downloaded and ran the AcroCleaner and retried installation. No success.

2. Next, I found some videos online suggesting that going to Program Data > Adobe > Setup  and running some acroread.msi file was solving the problem. But my Setup folder in Program Data > Adobe is empty:(

3. Next, I found a forum that suggested running the AcroCleaner, restarting and then downloading the full setup file from https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ . When I do this, I'm getting an error 1722 right at the end of the installation process. I can't seem to get rid of it no matter what I do.

Please help :'( :'(

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samridh

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are getting the error 1722 when you try to install the Acrobat Reader DC application.

Please check out the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-1722--there-is-a-problem-with-this-windows-installer-packa.... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal, I have already tried the steps in that link and unfortunately they don't seem to have worked 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please create a new test user profilw with full admin rights in Windows and try installing the application there and check .

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No luck with that approach either unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines